Views
Helpful
Replies

Lync - CUP

dave-mith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CM8,6 , CUP and Lync

a user has a phone number on CM with a remote destination of the lync client. is there a way to link the presence information from MS Lync back to the cisco phones and vice versa using CUPs and Lync?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUP and Lync will not exchange full presence state for the same user. You can get on/off-hook state of the phone replicated across to Lync through the CSTA in CUP. Independant of this, a remote destination will show Remote in Use state which counts as off-hook to CUP and by extension Lync.

To my knowledge you're not supposed to mix these two options together. In every PowerPoint that I have seen it has been an OR statement. You can have SIP forking [mobile connect] OR remote call control.

Integration Guide for Configuring Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.6 with Microsoft Lync Server 2010 for Remote Call Control

Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Enterprise Edition using Direct SIP to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1) Simultaneous Ring Feature

Also, begining in CUP 8.6 you can do intradomain federation that allows you to have your user population split between products. The key here is the user must be on one platform or the other, not both.

Integration Guide for Configuring Partitioned Intradomain Federation for Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.6 and Microsoft LCS/OCS

Hi jonathan,

Im integration the CUCM <-> CUPS <-> LYNC. they have now a SIP trunk between the LYNC and CUCM and using for do a calls from LYNC. So is mean I have to unconfigure this and then configure the RCC?.

Also I need to configure presence task. the important task is that BOSS can see status of the EMPLOYES but EMPLOYES can not see the status of the BOSS. this is possible to do?.

Also do you have the implementation between CUCM <-> CUPS version 8.5?

As I undertood the presence with RCC is just on-hook and off-hook?. So mean the client bought the PResence Server CUPS just for see just this two states!.

Finally The conectivity beetween CUCM and CUPS is using trunk SIP. And Conectivity between CUPS and LYNK is using RCC (just CTI gateway, not TRUNK SIP). And there isnt connectivity between CUCM <-> CUPS.

Sorry I know there are many question.

kind regards,

Oscar from Colombia Country.