cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays
915
Views
5
Helpful
10
Replies

Lync2013 to CUCM8.6 call failure (reverse works)

Hi all,

we have setup a pilot lab with CUCM8.6 and Lync 2013. We're able to call from CUCM to Lync Clients, but the reverse does not work. Call fails with "number not in service". After some debugging both on MS and CUCM side, I see that CUCM sends a Block NoPotentialMatchesExist OnNetPatternUsage = 2.

I double checkes CSS and Partitions, and from DNA analisys the call should work as expected. Moreover, I configured MRGL on Default device Pool, and applied the Device pool both on phones and on trunk. I also configured the Subscribe CSS as expected, and reset the trunk many times... but no way.

I am attaching a failed call log (SDL) from +XXABCDEFG (Lync Client) to +XXABCDEHL (CUCM Phone).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Gianstefano Monni

10 REPLIES 10
Suresh Subramanian
Rising star

It seems the call to CUCM is failing with ccCause= 1 (unassigned number). Please check the CUCM whether the number XXABCDEHL is further translated to any internal DN or not. Please crosscheck the CUCM configuration.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

the E.164 number coming out from Lync is translate by a translation pattern to the actual extension. I checked config, and also DNA (with dialed number analyzer). DNA shows that extension is reachable from the SIP trunk..

OK, could you please provide the CCM SDI traces for a test call? Please collect the trace from all nodes and make sure it is in detailed trace level.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Here's the SDI Trace

14:51:08.615 |//SIP/SIPHandler/ccbId=0/scbId=0/getCodecAndFramesFromSDP: -- Error!!!!! Cannot convert SDP pt=13 to CM payload type.|1,100,63,1.178^192.168.163.3^*

14:51:08.615 |SdiStats: #Lines: 6 Free HWM: 6 Free HWM(total): 26|*^*^*

14:51:08.615 |//SIP/SIPHandler/ccbId=0/scbId=0/convertStackSDPtoCmSDP: ***SIPSdp=4738 bytes|1,100,63,1.178^192.168.163.3^*

14:51:08.615 |DbMobility: can't find remdest +41705154501 in map|*^*^*

14:51:08.616 |//SIP/SIPCdpc(1,74,14)/ci=29260952/ccbId=141/scbId=0/addTransparencyInfo: Transparency info is NULL.  Not attaching anything.|1,100,63,1.178^192.168.163.3^*

14:51:08.619 |//SIP/SIPCdpc(1,74,14)/ci=0/ccbId=141/scbId=0/uploadVCRifRequired: VcrUploadNeeded 1|1,100,63,1.179^192.168.163.3^*

14:51:42.998 |//SIP/SIPHandler/ccbId=0/scbId=0/getCodecAndFramesFromSDP: -- Error!!!!! Cannot convert SDP pt=13 to CM payload type.|1,100,63,1.181^192.168.163.3^*

14:51:42.998 |SdiStats: #Lines: 6 Free HWM: 6 Free HWM(total): 26|*^*^*

14:51:42.998 |//SIP/SIPHandler/ccbId=0/scbId=0/convertStackSDPtoCmSDP: ***SIPSdp=4738 bytes|1,100,63,1.181^192.168.163.3^*

14:51:42.998 |DbMobility: can't find remdest +41705154501 in map|*^*^*

14:51:42.999 |//SIP/SIPCdpc(1,74,15)/ci=29260954/ccbId=143/scbId=0/addTransparencyInfo: Transparency info is NULL.  Not attaching anything.|1,100,63,1.181^192.168.163.3^*

14:51:43.000 |//SIP/SIPCdpc(1,74,15)/ci=0/ccbId=143/scbId=0/uploadVCRifRequired: VcrUploadNeeded 1|1,100,63,1.182^192.168.163.3^*

Gianstefano, sorry, it is not enough to check the call failure. we need the complete file. I request you to crosscheck the inbound css in the SIP Trunk. It should have the partition of the translation pattern or the extension number.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

OK,
I will produce the complete SDI. Now looking to the SDI I just sent I see an error about SDP (1st line). I am suspecting an SDP negotiation issue when the call comes from Lync 2013... I will investigate about that and send the SDI anyway asap. Thank you very much for your help

OK, but as per the initial logs provided and the cause code(1), i doubt the call routing from sip trunk to the internal extension.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Maybe it's a DNS Issue

6:22:08.965 |Digit Analysis: Host Address=cucm.ucpilot.test.loc DOES NOT MATCH any address for this cluster.|1,100,63,1.297^192.168.163.3^*

16:22:08.965 |Digit Analysis: Host Address=cucm.ucpilot.test.loc DOES NOT MATCH top level org domain.|1,100,63,1.297^192.168.163.3^*

6:22:08.965 |Digit Analysis: Host Address=cucm.ucpilot.test.loc DOES NOT MATCH any address for this cluster.|1,100,63,1.297^192.168.163.3^*

16:22:08.965 |Digit Analysis: Host Address=cucm.ucpilot.test.loc DOES NOT MATCH top level org domain.|1,100,63,1.297^192.168.163.3^*

The issue was related to the DNS, I needed to configure the Enterprise parameters for Organization Top Level Domain and Cluster FQDN and now it works as expected.

OK, good to know the issue fixed.

here is the trace snippet for the same.

16:05:32.589 |Digit Analysis: Host Address=cucm.ucpilot.test.loc DOES NOT MATCH any address for this cluster.|1,100,63,1.272^192.168.163.3^*

16:05:32.589 |Digit Analysis: Host Address=cucm.ucpilot.test.loc DOES NOT MATCH top level org domain.|1,100,63,1.272^192.168.163.3^*

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.
Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021