Views
Helpful
Replies

Make Phone busy when Ring In

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Is it possible to make phone busy when somebody calling you?

Like you're rejecting call at your mobile phone.

I was not able to find some way fr it...

CM 5.1.3.

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

You can configure the soft phone button template with iDivert. iDivert will send the caller straight to voicemail.

Regards,

Yahsiel

HTH Regards, Yosh

I just realized that I wrote soft phone meant to say softkey template.

Regards,

Yahsiel

HTH Regards, Yosh

Step 1 - Device > Device Settings > Softkey Template

Step 2 - Update a softkey template or copy an existing template.

Step 3 - Once inside the "Softkey Template Configuration" click "Go" on the top right hand corner under related links "Configure Softkey Layout"

Step 4 - Under "Select a call state to configure" select "Ring In"

Step 5 - Under "Unselected Softkeys" drag the Immediate Divert (iDivert) to the right and click save

Step 6 - Apply the Softkey Template to the phone and reset the phone.

Let us know if need any more information

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thanks for your reply Yosh.

I created softkey template with Idivert when Ring In

But no reaction when pressing "IDivert"

Sorry for Dummy question...

What can it be?

Where i wrong?

Thanks.

Sorry that I forgot to mention that you need to have Voicemail configured on your network to use the iDivert key. The way it work is:

1 - A call comes in and you push iDivert

2 - The system looks at the Voicemail Profile Configured under the extension and or the Voicemail Profile configured as the default Voicemail Profile for the system.

3 - The Voicemail Profile points to the Voicemail Pilot which sends the call to the number assigned to the Voicemail pilot.

If you don't have Voicemail configured on your network there is different ways of sending the calls to an external number by pressing the iDivert key but it takes a few steps to configure.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

the other thing you could do is to set the busy trigger to 1 so when you get a call the next call will get a busy signal.  This will require no voicemail.

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks for your replies guys.

So,

Somebody calls Head of division for example.

Head wants reject this call,calling party understand Boss busy at this moment.

Simple,when you press red button on your mobile phone while somebody calling you.

The calling party will hear busy tone.

Is there way to setup same function with Cisco Phones?

Thanks.

The simplest way is to have a Voicemail System and if not you can send the call to someone else like a receptionist. Theres not an exact way of sending the call to a busy tone unless the line was active prior to the phone call.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

The best way is to simply implementing IPMA for Head of Dept or any Manager with Intercom and BLF so they can easily intercept the incoming call or get it divert to Assistant.  With BLF, the Manager can monitor the incoming call with Ring In silence mode as well, and they can intercept the call if they want.

In Directory Number Configuration set the to 1.