cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Making phones register to Subscriber

Ven Taylor
Level 4
Level 4

Hey folks.  Running CUCM 8.5 and I have a new Publisher and new Subscriber.  Also, I'm new to CUCM.

I would like my phones to all register to the Sub.  They're all currently registered to the Pub.

I also want to make sure the Pub will take over if the Sub goes down.

Under Serviceability/Service Activation, the Sub currently does not have any services running.

I also noticed that, on the Pub (CM group configuration) the Publisher is the only server available.

I assume I only have to enable the CM service on the Sub to make it show up in the CM group, then put the Sub higher than the Pub.

Am I close?

Thanks!

Ven

Ven Taylor
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Yes, once you activate the CM service on the sub, it will appear as an option in the CM group config. Then as you sad just ensure it is higher in the CM group to ensure phones will use it as it's primary call processing server.

HTH,

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Ven,

No worries my friend Sorry about that!

You don't have to change anything in the Device Pool if you are using the default DP

My reference was only that this is one place (of many) where we can reset the phones that relate

to a certain CCM Group/Device Pool relationship.

You can also just do a device search and reset all via Device>Phone when you are ready to move the

registrations over.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Yes, once you activate the CM service on the sub, it will appear as an option in the CM group config. Then as you sad just ensure it is higher in the CM group to ensure phones will use it as it's primary call processing server.

HTH,

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Chris:

Thanks for the info.  One more question.  What does this do to the phones that are currently registered to the Publisher?

We're still pre-production, but the onsite folks are using a few of the phones for testing.

Will this cause the phones to bounce?

Rock on Chris!

Ven

Ven Taylor

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ven,

Just to fill in for Chris for a moment (big shoes to fill +5 "C")

The phones will not reset/bounce until you manually ask them to, so

you are in control here. Once you change the CCM Group you would then

normally change the reference to it in the Device Pool and reset the phones

to push the registration over to the Sub.

Cheers!

Rob

+5 for the great response!

Chris

Whoah there Rob...

Let's pretend I don't know what I'm doing (cuz I don't)

I didn't realize I had to change the device pool.

I have everything in the "default" pool.  Do I have to change the pool?

ven

Ven Taylor

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Ven,

No worries my friend Sorry about that!

You don't have to change anything in the Device Pool if you are using the default DP

My reference was only that this is one place (of many) where we can reset the phones that relate

to a certain CCM Group/Device Pool relationship.

You can also just do a device search and reset all via Device>Phone when you are ready to move the

registrations over.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob:

Thank you.  That makes a lot of sense.

Ven

Ven Taylor
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: