cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing Multiple Destination-Patterns in CUBE Dial-peers

jeff.guthrie1
Level 1
Level 1

I am just getting started with Cisco CUBE and have the challenge of building the dial-peers to manage destination-patterns for 14 different area codes (even more if I want to filter off prefix also). All of the examples I have seen have a separate dial-peer with each area code broken out as below. Is there any way to create a voice class with a list of destination patterns to match off of and then create a single set of dial-peers to reference that list? This way I create one list and three dial-peers instead of having to create 42 dial-peers.

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description **SIP TRUNK/WAN INBOUND**

session protocol sipv2

incoming called-number 804[2-9]......

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

voice-class codec 1

no vad

dial-peer voice 5 voip

description **OUTBOUND TO CM SUB**

preference 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.X.X.1

destination-pattern 804[2-9]......

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

voice-class codec 1

no vad

dial-peer voice 6 voip

description **OUTBOUND TO CM SUB2**

preference 2

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4: 172.X.X.2

destination-pattern 804[2-9]......

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

voice-class codec 1

no vad

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you need to treat calls for different area codes differently? Or can you make the dial peers more generic - destination-pattern [2-9]..[2-9]...... for example?

Brandon

We would like to be more specific as to what we except from the carrier, yes.  We have had an issue where we get calls routed to us that don't belong to us.  We were also thinking about routing calls based on geography so that all east coast calls would route to our east coast CM and our west coast calls would route to our west coast CM.  However, I was also told that it is better to just route the call to the closest CM to the CUBE and let the CM handle the cross country routing.

OK. One option is to be specific on the inbound dial peer, but more generic on the outbound dial peers to CUCM. This would reduce the number of outbound dial peers, but would not address routing calls to different CUCM servers based on geography. If you need that level of granularity you will need to create all of the dial peers. No way to create a list of destination patterns to my knowledge.

Brandon

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure if this is what you are after but I will suggest it just in case it is..

You can use voice class e164 pattern map to map dial-pan together and you can then reference them using a single dial-peer

example below:

dial-peer voice 1 voip
 session target ipv4:10.1.200.57
 destination e164-pattern-map 1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad

voice class e164-pattern-map 1
 description "Moscow city & mobile numbers"
  e164 98800.......
  e164 9849[5,8,9].......
  e164 989.........
  e164 64[^3].
  e164 1....
  e164 [2-6]...

Please rate all useful posts

That is pretty much what I was looking for.  I'll look into it and give it a try.  Thanks!

Learned something new. Good info!