Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing speed dials on a sidecar

Hello!

My question is it possible to allow users to manage speed dials on sidecars.  Specifically sidecars attached to 8841's using the Unified Communications Self Care Portal.  Users without sidecars see their speed dials and can change/add/remove them at will.  Users with side cars don't see any speed dials associated with the sidecars.  Any help would be appreciated!

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Christopher,

No worries my friend. Yes, the issue is the BLF config, these cannot be changed by users.

Here's a note (older but still applicable) that references this lack of capability;

Unified CM Speed Dial Presence

Unified CM supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence  capabilities by means of a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed  dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator. However, only  the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user  is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

From the CUCM 8.x SRND;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/presence.html#wp1084090

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Christopher,

Are these straight up speed dials or BLF speed dials? If it's the latter it's working as designed.

Cheers!

Rob

First, sorry for the 4 stars - that was meant to be 5 but my battery is low on my mouse and the mouse jiggled when it shouldn't have. 

Second, they're BLF.  If they were just SD would it they be configurable in the self care portal?

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.

Hi Christopher,

No worries my friend. Yes, the issue is the BLF config, these cannot be changed by users.

Here's a note (older but still applicable) that references this lack of capability;

Unified CM Speed Dial Presence

Unified CM supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence  capabilities by means of a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed  dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator. However, only  the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user  is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

From the CUCM 8.x SRND;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/presence.html#wp1084090

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: