cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manipulate CLID on Inter-Cluster Trunk

jeremy.t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to manipulate the CLID depending on what the calling number was?

I am joining two CallManager clusters together with a Inter-Cluster Trunk (Non-Gatekeeper Controlled). They are as follows;

Cluster A

CallManager 7.1.5

6 digit extensions

Cluster B

CallManager 6.1.3

4 digit extensions

Eventually they will all be one cluster with 6 digit extensions but in the meantime I want cluster B's 4 digit extensions to appear as 6 digits on cluster A. So a cluster A user will have to dial 6 digits for a cluster B user. This is fine as cluster B's trunk will be set to just look at 4 significant digits for inbound calls.

But when someone from cluster B calls someone on cluster A the CLID will show as 4 digits. I can change that for all calls easily enough by setting the caller ID DN on outbound calls on cluster's B trunk to prefix with 2 digits.

But what I need is it to prefix two digits depending on the caller's number, so for example if a call comes from an extension on cluster B in the 4XXX range I want it to have CLID showing to cluster A as 814XXX but if the call comes from cluster B in the 2XXX range I want it to show as 832XXX etc.

Is this possible?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can do the translations on the 7.x cluster as outlined above. You will be modifying the CLID on the 7.x cluster as the calls come into the cluster. For step 4, you will need to set the Calling Search Space under the "Incoming Calling Party Settings" section of the trunk. Depending on whether you are doing SIP or H.323 between the clusters, you will have to either set all four CSS's (National, Local, International, and Unknown) for H.323 or just the Unknown for SIP.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

boris.kudr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeremy,

You could use the Calling Party Transformation feature in CUCM 7.0 and later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/dialplan.html#wp1288528

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html#wp1307600

Cheers,

Boris

_____ Please rate helpful posts Пожалуйста оценивайте полезные сообщения

Paul Giralt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to add to Boris' reply:

On Cluster A, do the following:

1. Create a Partition named "Cluster_B_Calling_Translations"

2. Create Calling Party Transformation Patterns as follows:

- Pattern: 4XXX in Partition Cluster_B_Calling_Translations with a Called Party Transformation Mask of 814XXX

- Pattern: 2XXX in Partition Cluster_B_Calling_Translations with a Called Party Transformation Mask of 832XXX

3. Create a Calling Search Space "Cluster_B_Calling_Translations_CSS" with the Cluster_B_Calling_Translations partition as the only partition.

4. Set the Cluster_B_Calling_Translations_CSS as the Calling Party Transformation CSS on the trunk. Make sure you also uncheck the box that says to use the Device Pool CSS.

5. Reset the trunk

This should do exactly what you need.

Thank you both for your replies. But I don't think it will work in my scenario as the 4 digit extensions that I want to manipulate are on a CallManager v6.1.3 and it doesn't have the same outbound calls options on the trunk as the v7 cluster.

I've tested it the other way round and I can change the way the numbers appear when calling from v7 to v6 cluster as per your suggestion above but this isn't what I need.

I need to change the way a call from v6 cluster appears to the v7 cluster depending on the number of the caller.

Can it be done?

Thanks

You can do the translations on the 7.x cluster as outlined above. You will be modifying the CLID on the 7.x cluster as the calls come into the cluster. For step 4, you will need to set the Calling Search Space under the "Incoming Calling Party Settings" section of the trunk. Depending on whether you are doing SIP or H.323 between the clusters, you will have to either set all four CSS's (National, Local, International, and Unknown) for H.323 or just the Unknown for SIP.

Thats perfect, thanks Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: