Views
Helpful
Replies

Manipulate the Calling Number in CDRs

derveniss
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I have a CUCM 11.5 and there is a request from a customer in order to manipulate their calling number in the outgoing calls to PSTN.

I have successfully implemented this with various ways such like:

1. using the "external phone number mask" field in the directory number config page 

and

2. configuring the "Calling Party Transform Mask" into the Route Pattern page.

However in CDRs I see the original Calling Number.

Is there any way in order to see in the CDRs the number I configure in the mask?

It must always be the same number.

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

Simple answer, no thatā€™s not possible.

If you want to see the real calling numbers in CDR you would need to use the real numbers as your directory numbers. Likely you would not want to make this change, as that would be a good amount of work. However if you would take the step to do this I would recommend you to go for a +E.164 format setup.

Response Signature

Thank you for your reply!

What do you mean with "good amount of work"?

I don't care if the proposed solution would be tricky or with big effort..

Regards

You would need to change every directory number in your system and very likely a few other configuration elements also. Depending on how big your deployment is it could be hundred of hours of work. However I would say that having moved to a full E.164 solution years ago that it's worth the effort as it simplifies a few things significant.

Response Signature

Are you sure there is no other way with some kind of trick?

Either with transformation patterns, or mobility or with CCX Script?

Thank you

@derveniss wrote:

Are you sure there is no other way with some kind of trick?

Either with transformation patterns, or mobility or with CCX Script?

Thank you

Yes pretty sure. Sorry if that's not the answer you wanted.

Response Signature

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @derveniss 

Ī™ am afraid this is not possible. Depending the on your implementation you could considering changing your environment to E.164 numbering plan or if this is not possible to try to use Extension Mobility, where certain users/device Profiles will have the full number as callerID on DN.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: