cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mapping AD Groups into CUCM Groups

Daniel Greenway
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with a requirement to map their AD groups into CUCM ones. They see it as an unneccessary overhead managing the two so

would like to map security groups in AD to ones within CUCM automatically e.g. Any users in the “CUCM_Admins” AD user group are automatically placed in the CUCM user group “Standard CCM Super Users”.

Does anyone know if theres any way of achieving this?

Thanks

Dan

4 Replies 4

boris.kudr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel,

I don't think it's possible via CUCM configuration only.

You may need to have a look into AXL toolkit and use an off-the-box application to assign CUCM End Users into appropriate groups.

HTH,

Boris

Hi

It's not something the built-in CUCM LDAP sync can do.

You would want a third party product, or if it's just group membership it would be reasonably straightforward to write some AXL code to sync AD groups into CUCM groups.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Daniel Greenway
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guys,

I was always sure CUCM couldn't do this itself. I was hoping for an "Off the Shelf" solution rather than having to pay a developer or breakout the AXL toolkit myself :-)

Thanks

Dan

I think you'll find that the off the shelf type things (if there is something that does this) would do a lot of other stuff as well, and therefore be expensive!

For a relatively simple requirement like this the in-house DIY approach can be best.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!