Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Masking callED internal number

Hi guys

I think is possible masking calling number for internal calls using translate pattern.

But now, I need translate the callED.

Example

Extension A is 9991234

Extension B is 9995678

When A calls B I wanna that A see 5678 and not all digits of the extension.

Look, I need masking the callED ID, the calling and calls works fine.

Best Regards

Peterson

4 Replies 4

Mike Lydick
Level 1
Level 1

Couple of ways to do this depending on callmanager version, phone model (generation) and dial-plan already deployed.

I would use the lines External Mask for the masking to the right 4 digits and Normalize the calling ID at the gateway.

Not knowing how you route calls to the offnet such as PSTN, just a guess you can use XXXX in the External Number Mask on the the line.

At the gateway you would use a Transformation Pattern (set in a CSS at the gateway or in the Device pool).

The transformation would be set to match DN 4 digit range (5XXX) and prefix 999 to convert this back to the full number.

If its H323 this can be pushed out to the gateway. This aligns closer to the SRND.

Using translations is possible but does not scale very well.

Mike

Mike.

Thank you for your reply but questions is for internal calls. Don't have gateway buddy!

Best Regards

Peterson

Hi

I found this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2119303

I think also that is impossible change called number in internall calls (on-net)

Peterson,

I have just had a play with this in the lab.

Reading what you want it is the CONNECTED number you are trying to change not the Calling or Called

IE  this is the number you see on the CALLERS phone

If you use a Translation pattern you can only do 2 things

Change the connected number to ALLOWED (FEFAULT) or RESTRICTED

Changng to RESTRICTED will show PRIVATE on the CALLERS phone

So I can not see anywhere else that would allow you to modify the the CONNECTED number

Festive Greetings

&

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.