Views
Helpful
Replies

Mass push to Touch 10

Kaliafeh Wright
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

Is it possible to somehow push a change from TMS or CUCM to lock the settings on all Cisco Touch 10s across the enterprise?

I know you are able to lock the Touch 10 settings via the endpoints GUI in the setup tab under "UserInterface" -> “SettingsMenu Mode”

Is there a way to mas push this change to all touch 10s?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you I have a script to push from TMS, this will effect all touch panels.

Go to System > Configuration templates > New configuration template

Select advanced settings, in the filter type 'custom config, choose 'all systems' from the drop down and search.

Select 'custom config against ‘Cisco Telepresence CE endpoints’.

Save the template.

Edit the template > Click on template settings > select the custom command check box and type the following in the box against it:

<Configuration><UserInterface><SettingsMenu><Mode>Locked</Mode></SettingsMenu></UserInterface></Configuration>

Navigate to the configuration template and select “set on system”.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

You should be able to use a configuration template in TMS to push the settings change en masse.

Thanks,

Darren

Thank you I have a script to push from TMS, this will effect all touch panels.

Go to System > Configuration templates > New configuration template

Select advanced settings, in the filter type 'custom config, choose 'all systems' from the drop down and search.

Select 'custom config against ‘Cisco Telepresence CE endpoints’.

Save the template.

Edit the template > Click on template settings > select the custom command check box and type the following in the box against it:

<Configuration><UserInterface><SettingsMenu><Mode>Locked</Mode></SettingsMenu></UserInterface></Configuration>

Navigate to the configuration template and select “set on system”.

If the endpoints are behind the firewall,  does this script work well? 

Sandro Nardi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Kaliafeh,
take a look at CE9.4.0 release note
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce9…

CUCM provisioning of the admin settings lockdown configuration page 16
CE9.4.0 has added support for CUCM provisioning of the admin settings lockdown configuration that was introduced in CE9.2.1 (please see the CE9.2.1 feature description in this document for more information). The settings menu can now be locked down on all the endpoints using bulk configuration via CUCM. Note that your CUCM may require the latest device pack in order to expose the new fields for this configuration.

Rate if help

Regards

Sandro

Thank you, I did see this unfortunately I will not be able to take advantage of this.

To do this we will need to update all units.

We are going to push a script through TMS that will lock the panels.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: