cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

max dns for 7961g-ge - cucm 6.1.3

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

i have configured 2 dns on 7961 but its is not allowing me to do so .. i want one more number to be configured on the same phone .. can any one tell me how can i achive this .. configuring more than 2 extensions on 7961

and what is the max dns we can configure on 7941 & 7975 please reply asap

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 7961 can have up to 6 lines, the 7941 2 lines, and the 7975 8 lines.  To get more than the standard phone button template of 2 DN's per phone.  Go to Device > Device Settings > Phone Button Template.  Copy one of the phone button templates and give the new one a name then configure more DN's on the template.  Lastly apply the newly created template to the phone from the phone configuration page (Device > Phone).  You'll then see more configurable lines on the phone.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 7961 can have up to 6 lines, the 7941 2 lines, and the 7975 8 lines.  To get more than the standard phone button template of 2 DN's per phone.  Go to Device > Device Settings > Phone Button Template.  Copy one of the phone button templates and give the new one a name then configure more DN's on the template.  Lastly apply the newly created template to the phone from the phone configuration page (Device > Phone).  You'll then see more configurable lines on the phone.