Views
Helpful
Replies

MCID Question

trienguy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I found alot of document teach you how to configuration on MCID. But none of the document mentions about the wave files. what do we use it for ?

if you are going to test the MCID feature on the IP phone. I believe all you do is pressing the MCID softkey on the IP phone and the facility message will be sent to the telco.. Please shed some lights if you have configured this feature before.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Trieu,

Are you referring to the audible notification sent to the IP phone user after they have invoked the MCID feature? If so, you need not worry about any wave files. Once the feature is configured, the audible and visual notifications are sent automatically to the phone.

Where did you see reference to wave files?

Here's a good reference document for the feature:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmfeat/fsmcid.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

I have configured it. But i don't hear any audio once we invoked the MCID softkey

all we see is a MCID sucesfull message on the screen.

So I was wondering why they have the audio files bundle with the tcl script...when would you use it ?

Thanks,

Trieu,

Just to confirm, are you phones CUCM controlled or CME controlled?

Thanks,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

I have confirmed with Paul Cameron

these audio files used with the old TCL script

.you don't really need it anymore.

I have CM 4.1.3 GW H323 TCL 2.0.41

once again thanks for your help Paul & Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: