cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS 7825-H3 BIOS admin password reset.

jack.reed
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to reset/clear the BIOS admin password on a rack mounted MCS-7825-H3 server. I have the current password and can enter the BIOS, however, when I enter the administrator password field I receive a message window stating "The Admin password is set and Locked. Hit any key to return to the menu"

I have seen answers which involve removing the server, opening the case and changing dip switches to reset the BIOS but I don't want to pull the server out of the rack.

Is there a way to reset/remove this password without removing the server from the rack?

3 Replies 3

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

Dip switches / CMOS Battery pull are the only ways I know of, both of which, involve a de-rack.

That's what I was afraid of.

I've got a stack of H3 servers to update. I was hoping there was a supersecret workaround for the H series. I was able to update all the I series I have without problem but the H series looks like it will be a real pain.

Thanks for the quick response.

Hi Again

Terry Cheema posted an answer which works from the BIOS login.

Thought this might be helpful to you.

Correct Answer by Terry Cheema about 2 days 2 hours ago

Have you tried the below to clear the password:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0103336

To disable the passwords:
To disable or clear the password, enter the password followed by a/(slash) when prompted to enter the password.

-Terry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: