Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS-7845-H2/I2 to MCS-7845-H2/I2 V02

We are looking to upgrade our existing 7845-H2/I2s to CUCM 9.  Does anyone know how to upgrade these servers to

7845-H2/I2 V02 which will support CUCM 9.  The 7845-H2/I2s only support the bridged upgrade to new hardware.

We found this on the hardware compatibility matrix:

Note: if you add disk/RAM to a 7845-H2/I2 to make  it match configuration of 7845-H2/I2 V02, please update Cisco SmartNet  contract coverage with your Service Account Manager to ensure continuity  of TAC support and correct RMA's

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies 8

Hi Mathew,

I have never upgrade the server but basically the information say that you will need to upgrade the server's Memory to 4 GB. About the smarnet update, Cisco just want to update the contract coverage to give you support.

MCS 7845

4 GB for -H2, -I2 and older.

6 GB for -I3 and HP DL380G6

Note: if you add disk/RAM to a 7845-H2/I2 to make it match configuration of 7845-H2/I2 V02, please update Cisco SmartNet contract coverage with your Service Account Manager to ensure continuity of TAC support and correct RMA's.

Regards

Please rate all useful posts

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

According to this matrix both are supported for bridge upgrade:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

however here are some notes to follow:

(1) Supported, but note that servers running Cisco Unified CallManager or Unified Communications Manager versions 4.x to 8.0.2 require a minimum of 2 GB of memory for Cisco MCS 7815, MCS 7816-I4 and older, MCS 7825-H4/I4 and older, and MCS 7835-H4/I4 and older, and 4 GB of memory for Cisco MCS 7845-H2/I2 and older. For versions 8.0.3 and higher, see footnote 2. This will result in mandatory memory upgrades if older supported servers are desired for use with the new software versions. For more information, refer to

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_bulletin0900aecd80284099.html

. Use

http://www.cisco.com/go/swonly

to get supported memory part numbers.

(2) Supported, but note that Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.0 and later require or recommend (depending on server model and software release) minimum memory and disk size as described in the table below. For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.0(3) through 8.5, it is strongly recommended to upgrade to minimum 4GB RAM and 146GB disk drive; whether this is necessary for your deployment is design-dependent and depends on call volume, installed locales, dial plans, phone firmware loads, music files, etc. For 8.6 and above 4GB RAM and 146 GB disk drive are minimum required. Use http://www.cisco.com/go/swonly to get supported memory and disk part numbers.

MCS 7845

4 GB for -H2, -I2 and older.

6 GB for -I3 and HP DL380G6

Note: if you add disk/RAM to a 7845-H2/I2 to make it match configuration of 7845-H2/I2 V02, please update Cisco SmartNet contract coverage with your Service Account Manager to ensure continuity of TAC support and correct RMA's.

HTH,

Chris

So basically if we have 146 GB drives and 4GBs of memory this will make it a MCS-7845-H2 –V02 and will be compatilble for a direct CUCM 9 upgrade from 8.5?

Yes.

Chris

Thanks.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No problem.

Please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Matthew,

Is there anything else we can assist you with here so that you can mark this as answered question?

Chris

Please rate all useful posts for me too

Regards

Please rate all useful posts