Views
Helpful
Replies

Media Resource Group Hunting inside MRGL

pmvillarama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Problem is my Adhoc conf call uses default resources and not the one that's inside the phone devicepool's MRGL..during testing, I noticed that if I put the HW MRG to a higher order or in top of the SW MRG, it will work correctly. I'm confused by that kind of behavior of why it just wont hunt down on the next MRG inside that MRGL. Plus having a hard time looking for document that can explain it.

Any ideas? thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Media resources within MRG are used in round robin fashion, MRGs within MRGLs are used in top-down fashion.

If this is how you have it and it does not behave correctly, couple of things to check:

check to see if you are using device mobility and roaming DP is used

ensure the media resource you expect to be engaged supports the codec the call is negotiated

media resrouces not added to any MRGs are available to everyone.

HTH,

Chris

And it will only hunt to the next MGR when all the resources from the first MRG are busy, if they're not capable of the codecs you need, but are available, they won't hunt to the next MRG, but the conference will fail.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks Chris and Jaime,

Let me give more details;

Resources

Software CFB

Hardware CFB_A

Hardware CFB_B

inside the Test_MRGL, there's two MRG; MRG_A (top member) and MRG_B (last member)

MRG_A has Software CFB only

MRG_B has Hardware CFB_A only

Test_MRGL hardcoded to IP Phone config

Call flow: IP Phone dials out to PSTN, got connected and uses conference feature to patch in another PSTN number.

If MRG_A is on the top member of the MRGL, it uses the default resource Hardware CFB_B

but If MRG_B is on the top member of the MRGL, it is being used correctly by the conference call.

Question is within the MRGL, there's HW resources available. why it is using the default one?

this test i think is similar to the example given in this link;;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a05media.html#wp1022428

Any more ideas?

thanks!

I'd start by resetting the CFB or re-starting IPVMS and then try again.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Can you post your media resource GW config?

Are most CFB configured in the same DP, etc in CUCM? Are they showing registered?

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: