Helpful
Replies

Media Resource selection - Conference bridge in VG and CUCM

samhopealpha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

If my concept is correct ...

conference bridge can be created in VG via DSP farm profile (that is hardware based)

conference bridge has been created in CUCM by default (that is software based)

In CUCM, the media resource group can select the above 2 conference bridges

My question is what is the difference between VG's CFB and CUCM's CFB ?

Should I just select either one of them?

Thank you

Sam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you need to mix different codecs then you want to use the HW CFB and configure the dspfarm accordingly.

It really goes down to these 3 factors, PDVM2 or PVDM3, number of conferencees and codecs being used.

SW CFB can handle 128 streams between all conferences (ad-hoc/meetme) and one single conference can be up to 64 conferencees.

PVDM2 can handle up to 32 in G711 conference, 16 in G729 and 8 when mixing other codecs.

PDVM3s are different as they can handle up to 64 conferencees on G711.

You may want to read the media resources chapter from SRND.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Software bridges support only G711 codec and put stress on CPU.

Chris

So do you mean it is recommended to use the VG's CFB ? for reducing the CUCM loading ?

If you need to mix different codecs then you want to use the HW CFB and configure the dspfarm accordingly.

It really goes down to these 3 factors, PDVM2 or PVDM3, number of conferencees and codecs being used.

SW CFB can handle 128 streams between all conferences (ad-hoc/meetme) and one single conference can be up to 64 conferencees.

PVDM2 can handle up to 32 in G711 conference, 16 in G729 and 8 when mixing other codecs.

PDVM3s are different as they can handle up to 64 conferencees on G711.

You may want to read the media resources chapter from SRND.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Yes, I only use software bridges as backup and only ensure local gateways are sized to provide hardware media resources.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: