Views
Helpful
Replies

media resources design guidelines needed

msulieman
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have a project of multisite deployment with centralized call processing, two 7825 MCS's IBM one pub and one sub (IP voice media streaming App activated on both), two 3845 Gateways (each has NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 with PVDM2-64) in HQ, and 30 branches each branch with 2811 Gateway (VIC2-4FXO and PVDM2-16) and 20 branch each branch has 2801 Gateway (VIC2-4FXO and PVDM2-8)

i'm requesting from NetPro experts ideas on media resources design and allocation based on the above scenario, I mean what is the best practice to allocate both SW and HW media resources for this scenario, take into consideration that the links between the HQ (Hub) and first mentioned 30 branches (spokes) are 512k between each branch and HQ, and for the second 20 branches 256k between each branch and HQ, note that all links between branches and HQ are for both data and voice traffics (assume that half of the link BW is for voice and the other half is for data, that is, for 512k, 256k will be for data and 256k for voice)

please advise for the best practice on how to allocate the media resources , using MRGs and MRGLs

thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

msulieman
Level 1
Level 1

NetPros ... any ideas ?

thanks

hellooo NetPros

any ideas!!!

please advise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: