Views
Helpful
Replies

Mediasense installation problem.

krishnashk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I wanted to try mediasense in my lab. Tried installing the 8.5.4 on VMware workstation 11 using the ova template from cisco. Installation was fine. But was unable to get the login page. Tried restarting the Cisco Tomcat service. no luck.

Also I am unable to ping the ip address of the media sense server.

During the boot i get mount point  error(attached image).

Tried to run a diagnosis and got error on Tomcat sessions. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Krishna,

As per the Mediasense design guide for version 8.5(4) "Cisco MediaSense may only be deployed on top of a VMware hypervisor, which must be running on a Cisco B-series server with fiberchannel-attached SAN storage (for at least the first two disks), or a C-series server with directly attached hard disk drives, or a Services-Ready Engine (SRE)."

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/854/srnd/cms854srnd.pdf

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Krishna,

As per the Mediasense design guide for version 8.5(4) "Cisco MediaSense may only be deployed on top of a VMware hypervisor, which must be running on a Cisco B-series server with fiberchannel-attached SAN storage (for at least the first two disks), or a C-series server with directly attached hard disk drives, or a Services-Ready Engine (SRE)."

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/854/srnd/cms854srnd.pdf

Manish

Thanks Manish for the response.  Can any other  version  of mediasense be installed in lab(on pc) ? 

Thanks 

All the UC products are meant to be used on ESXi, nothing else, you *might* be able to run them on other options, but we have no official support, nor expertise on doing such, depending on what you want to test in your lab, you should be running a supported environment, like the one that the customers are running, you won't find customer running over workstation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

Yeah I get it.  I was wondering  if we can install mediasense as Cucm and unity on other platform  like workstation. 

Thank you. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: