Helpful
Replies

Meet-Me Conference Call and MRGLs

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CallManager: 8.6.2.24901-1

Our system has multiple remote/branch locations each having their own device pools and MRGLs. So "DP-A" has "MRGL-A", and "DP-B" has "MRGL-B", "DP-C" has "MRGL-C" and so on...

Let's say the Meet-Me Conference call is started by a memember of "DP-A", and "MRGL-A" has the CUCM02-MRG as it's first MRG in the List. The reason the CallManager's MRG is first in the list is so the software conference bridge is used to create the Meet-Me conference instead of a HW-CFB. So if memebers from "DP-B", "DP-C", etc want to join the call, would they also need to have CUCM02-MRG as their first Media Resource Group in their MRGLs too?

Or, do the MRGLs just need to contain the CUCM02-MRG, and it doesn't necessarily need to be 1st..?

Could anyone explain how the DPs, MRGs and MRGLs relationships need to be configured for this to work properly between locations/DPs?
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should start here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmsys/accm-861-cm/a05media.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should start here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmsys/accm-861-cm/a05media.html

HTH

java

Hey Jaime, thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the link. I have begun reading through it now...

Quick question for you while I'm reading through that. Each Branch location's MRGL currently has that specific location's Router (*The Branch Routers are 1861s running IOS 12.4) as the first MRG in the MRGL. So for "Branch B" the first MRG in the MRGL for that location is "HW-B-MRG" which contain's that Router's resources (*i.e. Hardware CFB and XCODE). Then the second MRG in the branch's MRGL is our HQ's HW-MRG, meaning the HQ's SIP/CUBE Router, then after that it has the CallManager's MRGs.

Could you think of any issues that might arise if I moved the one CallManager's MRG to be the first MRG in each branch's MRGL? Would that cause any problems in local calls that go directly to that router in the branch? I would assume you can add multiple Media Resources Groups to each MRGL just in case one is unavailable, it would try the next MRG...

Sorry, did that question make sense?

Thanks Again,
Matt

Media Resources need to be as close as possible to the device needing them, you can certainly do that, if you don't mind sending all the media across your WAN to the CUCM CFB, you can do that, but you'll have all the RTP traversing your WAN, instead of local.

Yes, you can add multiple MRG to a MRGL for overflow, or in case one is not registered.

HTH

java

Jaime, thanks for the reply.

After reading through the link you sent and slightly re-organizing my MRGL(s) I believe I have it working as expected.

Thanks again for the info, much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt