cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetingplace scheduled meeting question

Justin Westover
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that wishes to have the ability to schedule a meeting through meetingplace (audio only, we do not have the webex components) and only when he, or the owner of the meeting joins does the meeting actually initiate. Is there a setting to do this somewhere within MP because I don't see it? We are running MP 8.5.2 in hardware mode. So we have one application server and one hardware 3545 media server with one audio blade. 

2 Replies 2

Justin Westover
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any ideas regarding this?

Hey Justin,

If i understand your question correctly, the functionality you're looking for is found in "Reservationless Meetings". These can be scheduled through the Outlook Plugin by selecting "Use my reservationless ID"

These type of meetings are never actually scheduled on meetingplace until the user joins by using the CTA link, or by dialing in and entering their profile number (which is usually the reservationless ID) as their meeting number. However, the event can still be scheduled in outlook to let participants know when to join.

In order for this to work, the profile also has to be configured to use reservationless. This is usually a default setting and often won't need to be configured.

Hope this helps,