cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetMe Conference to be password protected

dvillegas4
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running Cisco Unity Connection 8.5.  Is it possible to configure a MeetMe conference to be password protected?  If so, how do I go about in doing the configuration? 

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the topic has been discussed hundreds and hundreds of times before on CSC, you'll find the possible options if you search CSC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime

Hi all,

Im  trying to implement this (secure meetme) on Unity 10.5 . Below is the steps I have taken to configure this service. 

Create meetme conf 4045
Creat a CTI RP with extension 2045 and CfwLL to voicemail

Create the First Callhandler MeetMe-Transfer and under transfer rules:
Select Standard transfer;Select Transfer Calls To: and enter 4045.
Select Transfer with supervisionCheck: Select Ask Me If I Want to Take the Call and Ask for Caller’s Name

Create a Second CallHandler MeetMe-Welcome with 2045 extension and customize the greeting to say : Please press 1 to join the conference
Under Caller Input 1 action, select MeetMe-Transfer under Callhandler.

but whenever I try to join an existing meetme. I get a prompt to press 1, Unity then ask me for my name, then tell me to hang on while im being transfered, but that as far as it goes.

It waits for a while and says Meetme-Transfer is not available and ask directs me to voice mail.

Will be glad if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Does the transfer rules and CSS allows you to reach 4045?

HTH

java

Hi Jaime thanks for your response.

4045 is in a reachable CCC from all partitions. What im not sure about is transfer rule. Where do i check this?

Does anyone have suggestion for me?

Do you check the calling search space for voice mail ports? Is the CSS can reach the extension's partition?

Thanks Iwai "CSS for VM ports". That did it for me, the previous admin had a restricted CSS and Partition for Voicemail. Added the meetme partition to the Voice Mai Port's CSS and boom.

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you mean CUCM 8.5?

Anyway, MMLs do not have password protection. They never have. The only workaround I have seen people apply is leveraging UCCX to "fake" the caller out. It basically goes like this:

1. Redirect caller to UCCX

2. Have UCCX application say something sweet like "Enter the conference password"

3. Capture the digits entered by the caller and then compare the digits to a super secret passcode/PIN

4. If the entered digits are correct, do a transfer to the MML DN

There are various flavors. In all flavors, the person initiating or opening the MML needs to have a different call routing solution than other callers. Meaning the initiator and CCX both can route directly to the MML. Outside callers get redirected to CCX.

It is clugy and I don't recommend it. Someone may have a better solution by now.

HTH.

-Bill (http://ucguerrilla.com)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thank you very much Bill for your input!

So do you by chance know if there's another workaround by creating a systems call handler within Unity Connection?

I haven't come across anything that would allow Unity Connection to emulate the same behavior. There is another MML "feature" that people like to emulate where Unity Connection can be used. That feature being announcing callers when they enter the conference.

It involves similar trickery on the call routing side. In Unity Connection, you create two call handlers. Say MML1 and MML2. The first one is a dummy and you are using it so that you can execute a supervised transfer from MML2. The MML1 call handler doesn't take input, doesn't play a greeting, etc. It just has an after greeting action of going to the transfer rules of MML2. MML2 uses supervised transfers and has the option enabled to prompt the caller to record their name.

For folks already in the conference, the new caller gets their named announced. But there is no passcode "challenge" (real or imaginary).

I guess while we are on the topic, another option may be to leverage TCL and IVR functionality on a IOS gateway. Seems feasible, thought I haven't done much customization in that neck of the woods.

HTH

-Bill
(b) http://ucguerrilla.com
(t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Paolo Bevilacqua, one of the regular contributors on here, has developed a conference front end to do this.

Details are available at http://www.ciscoscripts.com/

I have never used this particular script of his but have used some others which worked well.