cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Memory upgrade for MCS 7816-I3

jguandalini
Level 1
Level 1

Hhello, I'm wanting to increase the memory of a mcs 7816-I3, but purchase a kingston memory and does not turn on.

I'm must use only the IBM memories to work? Do you have any model of memory to suggest?

Sorry my english

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Jean,

Did you check the data sheet

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/data_sheet_c78-478928.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

The kingston memory meet this requirements of the datasheet?

If these memory mett this requirements you can open a case on Cisco PDI to see if they recommend any model of memory..

Other thing this server is a IBM machine you can check on IBM documentation to see if this server accept other fabricant memories...

Rate this post if  is useful to you

Thanks

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

"If these memory mett this requirements you can open a case on Cisco PDI to see if they recommend any model of memory.."

We do not handle this kind of queries, this is something you would need to discuss with pre-sales. We only handle technical queries on the UC products but specs and what HW/memory to buy from Cisco or any other vendor is beyond our scope.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry Java i didnt know, thanks for the info!!!!!

Jean you can check on IBM and see the memories supported.

Did take a look on the server manual?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

jguandalini
Level 1
Level 1

The memory what we buy was:

Kingston: KVR667D2S4P5/2G

2GB 667MHz DDR2 ECC Reg with Parity CL5 DIMM Single Rank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: