Replies

MGCP: Call not hunting on second PRI if call was rejected on first PRI

pmvillarama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Setup is

> IP Phone has two extension from two different DID range/ carrier 

> Call flow:  IP Phone > CUCM > MGCP > Gateway > 2 PRI (one pri for each carrier)

> Requirement is if the the call was rejected to the first E1, it will hunt on the next E1.

> Call rejected due to incorrect caller id on first PRI. the extension used for calling is the DID range from the 2nd PRI.

one workaround is to ask the carrier to allow calls without looking to the caller ID but it may not be the best option as the results will only make carrier to replace it as main BTN of that E1 and caller ID will still be incorrect when the called party receives it.

So it would best to allow call rejected on first E1 and make the hunting work on the 2nd E1.

any ideas?

thanks in advance

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On each gateway I would use the Calling party transformation CSS to change the Caller ID on oputbound calls. as below:

only difference is to NOT tick the "use device called party transfoirmation maks"

So create a dedicated CSS, possibly for 2; one for each MGCP PRI (which is an MGCP enpoint/gateway).

if you are not sure give us the number range and I ll work it out.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

View solution in original post

Hi

You have to ask your Teleco to give allow the any caller id . If you have 2 X lines on each phone with two different callerid to 2 X different ITSP.Please find the below scinario;

Phone A have 2X DID (22562001 (1st ITSP) & 333653001 (2nd ITSP))

1-you already have 2 X registered gateways. 1st ITSP gateway and 2nd ITSP gateway.

2-create 2 RG, one route group (1st ITSP RG) for 1st ITSP gateway and 2nd route group (2nd ITSP RG) for 2nd ITSP gateway.

3-create 2 RL . 1st RL (1 ITSP RG then 2nd ITSP RG) , 2nd RL (2nd ITSP then 1st ITSP).

4- Then apply this for your route patterns.

after that

A-when you do a call from 22562001 the call will go to your 1st RL which contains 1st ITSP gateway as preferd , if this goes down , the call will go to 2nd ITSP gateway..

B-when you do a call from333653001 the call will go to your 2nd RL which contains 2nd ITSP gateway as preferd , if this goes down , the call will go to 1st ITSP gateway.

thank you

please rate all useful information

You certainly can route to the next gateway in your route group but you will need to change/map the rejected cause code to a user busy cause code. You will then need to change the cucm service parameter : "stop routing on user busy flag" to false

Once CUCM receives a busy from the gateway it will try the next gateway in the route group.

This is how to configure this. Replace XX with the disconnect code you get when the call is rejected..(you can post the output of debug isdn q931 and we can confirm what the cause code is)

Router(config)# application

Router(config-app)# map

Router(config-app-map)# q850-cause XX q850-cause 17

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Good point. Give it a go. It may only work on h323 call legs...If it doenst work, then you will have to go through the trouble of using seperate route patterns as sugested by others here

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi,

I think the question you have raised will only work if you have H.323 gateway.

If you are using MGCP gateway and Once call is rejected then CUCM will not use alternate RL / RG, while same thing is possible if you are using H.323 gateway by enabling service parameters as

"stop routing on user busy flag" = False & "stop routing on unallocated number" = False.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

11 Replies 11

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On each gateway I would use the Calling party transformation CSS to change the Caller ID on oputbound calls. as below:

only difference is to NOT tick the "use device called party transfoirmation maks"

So create a dedicated CSS, possibly for 2; one for each MGCP PRI (which is an MGCP enpoint/gateway).

if you are not sure give us the number range and I ll work it out.

Hi Dennis,

Good point on CUCM side, but same thing for asking the carrier to allow calls without looking to the caller ID. Either way the results can make the call go through but wont present correct caller ID. If there's a way or if the rejected call can hunt on the next PRI which is the correct carrier and provider of that DID extension, then call will go through with correct caller ID.

Any idea how to make the call hunt for the next PRI when the call gets rejected on the first PRI?

appreciate your help +4 points

Regards,

Hi,

you can try Route Pattern --> Route List --> user this route group select both PRI based on Priority.  this should work if one of the PRI is full or not available, calls will migrate to second PRI.

Thanks

SK

Thanks Saurabh

Hi

You have to ask your Teleco to give allow the any caller id . If you have 2 X lines on each phone with two different callerid to 2 X different ITSP.Please find the below scinario;

Phone A have 2X DID (22562001 (1st ITSP) & 333653001 (2nd ITSP))

1-you already have 2 X registered gateways. 1st ITSP gateway and 2nd ITSP gateway.

2-create 2 RG, one route group (1st ITSP RG) for 1st ITSP gateway and 2nd route group (2nd ITSP RG) for 2nd ITSP gateway.

3-create 2 RL . 1st RL (1 ITSP RG then 2nd ITSP RG) , 2nd RL (2nd ITSP then 1st ITSP).

4- Then apply this for your route patterns.

after that

A-when you do a call from 22562001 the call will go to your 1st RL which contains 1st ITSP gateway as preferd , if this goes down , the call will go to 2nd ITSP gateway..

B-when you do a call from333653001 the call will go to your 2nd RL which contains 2nd ITSP gateway as preferd , if this goes down , the call will go to 1st ITSP gateway.

thank you

please rate all useful information

Hi Kamal,

Not sure if I understand you correctly. How do you assign 2 Route List in one Route Pattern? the scenario you provided seems will take a whole new configuration- new partition for the 2nd did range, routepattern, RL, RG. This will definetly work. but seems not a good practice i guess. will need total review of dialplan including inbound calls treatment.

Well, still a possible solution. Appreciate it! +4 to you

Hi

You will have only to create RP , RL. RG is already confogured as you mentioned above.For example

9[2-9]XXXXXX          9 for outgoing calls which will use 1st RL    /this will be used by 1st DN or 1st Ext/

8[2-9]XXXXXX          8 for outgoing calls which will use 2nd RL  /This will be used by 2nd  DN or 2nd Ext/

If i called  9[2-9]XXXXXX  -1st RL - 1st ITSP - If 1st ITSP RG not available then call will go to 2nd ITSP RG.

If i called  8[2-9]XXXXXX  -2nd RL - 2nd ITSP - If 2nd ITSP RG not available then call will go to 1st ITSP RG.

Thank you

please rate all sueful information

You certainly can route to the next gateway in your route group but you will need to change/map the rejected cause code to a user busy cause code. You will then need to change the cucm service parameter : "stop routing on user busy flag" to false

Once CUCM receives a busy from the gateway it will try the next gateway in the route group.

This is how to configure this. Replace XX with the disconnect code you get when the call is rejected..(you can post the output of debug isdn q931 and we can confirm what the cause code is)

Router(config)# application

Router(config-app)# map

Router(config-app-map)# q850-cause XX q850-cause 17

Hi,

The causecode we're getting is Cause i = 0x829500000000 - Call rejected .

Router(config-app-map)#?

Map Q.850 Cause code for Incoming VoIP H.323 legs

default     Set a command to its defaults

exit        Exit from application map sub-mode

no          Negate a command or set its defaults

q850-cause  Specify customized mapping for Q.850 disconnect causes applied in

H.323 VoIP Legs

!

!

Router(config-app-map)#q850-cause 21 q850-cause 17

Is this also applicable to MGCP PRIs?

Really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Good point. Give it a go. It may only work on h323 call legs...If it doenst work, then you will have to go through the trouble of using seperate route patterns as sugested by others here

Hi,

I think the question you have raised will only work if you have H.323 gateway.

If you are using MGCP gateway and Once call is rejected then CUCM will not use alternate RL / RG, while same thing is possible if you are using H.323 gateway by enabling service parameters as

"stop routing on user busy flag" = False & "stop routing on unallocated number" = False.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

pmvillarama
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for everyone who shared their ideas!!! i guess this is all the options for this issue. that's all i need.

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: