cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Connection PLAR opx

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

Is this even posible? Because what I'm experiencing right now is that using MGCP and having an Attendant DN pointing to one local phone, when a call from outside comes, the phone rings but I can see from the calling phone that the callee already answered/picked up/off hook the phone even if the called phone is still ringing,

Using H.323 this can be eliminated with "connection pla opx" command. Does MGCP have an equivalent configuration for this?

7 Replies 7

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

MGCP gateway is controlled by the CUCM. any configuration like dial-peers or connection plar opx will be ignored. they are only used in SRST mode.

If you want to change your gateway to H323 , connection plar opx will be effective

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

ah yes, but I just want to know if there are any similar config like connection plar opx in mgcp? because im using mgcp right now and calls from fxo port is automatically answered from the calling party even though the called party's phone is still on hook and ringing

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

did you configure attendant port for FXO in CCM.

HTH

Anas

yes, i have attendant port configured in FXO in CUCM (mgcp), but there no option there for off premise connection?

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

I don't understand your last post. it also mislead.

can you clarify your issue more, did you answer your call or not ?

regards

Anas

hmm here's whats happening

using H323 in FXO

- When call arrived from the fxo port which have the below command

voice-port 0/0

connection plar opx 4000

the call goes unanswered untill the callee lift the handset and answer the call

using MGCP in FXO

- When a call arrived from fxo port that have the following configuration from CUCM

Attendant DN: 4000

the call goes ANSWERED automaticaly on the caller side even though the callee  does not yet answer the call

----------------------

So to summarize, the caller is being billed (if it is long distance) right away even the callee does not answer the call yet. H323 has the solution for this using the "connection plar opx" command. So does MGCP have a solution to this as well?

Hi,

it is a normal behavior for h323 and MGCP

HTH

Anas