cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP converting IP to FQDN

JacobMunson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, recently when deploying MGCP gateways we have found that after upgrading call manager to version 11 when we configure the "ccm-manager redundant-host" & "mgcp call-agent" are changed from ip addresses to FQDN as soon as the gateway reaches out to CUCM. Does anyone have any information on this behavior change, is this a setting that can be changed?

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are the servers defined in CM Administration under System  >> Server.

Regards

Deepak

as FQDN per SRND.

Pls check if a domain name is configured on the MGCP gateway, the domain name for the gateway configuration on CUCM must be the same.

Suresh

Yes the domain name is configured. 

I believe everyone is missing my question. I am not having a problem getting the gateway to register.I am trying to determine if it's possible to prevent cucm from updating the MGCP configuration to using the FQDN and maintain the ip addresses in the gateway configuration. 

I want to do this because for registration with FQDN's to work we have had to enable ip domain lookup which we like to keep off so that you don't have to wait for the time out after a fat finger of a command. 

Hi Jacob,

I'm experiencing the same thing.  Migrating from CUCM 8.6 to 11.5 the MGCP registration process is overwriting the mgcp call-agent ip defined to the FQDN that is in CUCM System>Server.  Since ip domain lookup is disabled on the gateway the registration fails.

Original Command

mgcp call-agent 10.10.10.10 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

Command Observed in IOS

mgcp call-agent sub01.company.com 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

VGW#show ccm-manager

MGCP Domain Name: VGW.company.com

Priority        Status                   Host

============================================================

Primary         Domain Name Unresolvable sub01.company.com

Gateway is a 2901 with IOS is 155-3.M5.

The only resolution I've found is putting the configuration in a second time, again with IP's and it works.

This is not observed with SCCP, limited to the MGCP portion (referencing IP's) of the IOS config and only on the initial 8.6 to 11.5 migration.

mgcp call-agent 10.10.10.10 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.10.10.11 10.10.10.12

Did you happen to get a resolution to this issue? I'm currently going through the same problem and looking for a solution.

thanks.

This is expected behavior when servers are called out by fqdn 

Thank you. This worked for me. It must be some kind of bug in the 11.5 version of CUCM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: