cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Fails to set ISDN Type and Plan National

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following issue with a MGCP Gateway running 12.4.15T7 and CM 4.1.3sr4b

Caller ID Outbound for Local calls does not work and displays on remote phone as unknown.

However, Outbound callerID is working for Long Distance calls

Contacted Provider and are forcing local calls to Plan ISND, Type National. I configured my MGCP gateway PRI settings as Calling Type National, Calling Plan ISDN and I could see this update on my debug isdq q931 when executing the outbound call. However, provider continue to see the call as unknown. I change the gateway to H323 and caller ID started working for local, LD, Intl.

For some reason the CM sends the correct calling information to the gateway but it was somehow malformed as provider continue to see the calls as unknown.

The gateway is configured as H323 but will have to be reverted to MGCP at some point.

Any help will be appreciated.

Armando

2 Replies 2

On your gateway endpoint configuration set Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls to ISDN, national.

If this won't help change on route pattern level Calling Line ID and Name presentation to allowed.

rate if this help

Konrad,

Thanks for your time.

Here is what I have tried

1. Under the Gateway MGCP PRI Port

Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls

Calling party IE number type unknown: National

Calling Numbering Plan: ISDN

Placed outbound call 7 Digit to Local Number. Debug ISDN q931 shows the number being sent to gateway with correct dial-plan and type, call completes, however remote user sees no callerid information on cell phone or home phone and displays as Unknown.

Provider looks at their trace and comes back telling I'm sending the calling information to them as Unknown, Unknown for local 7 digid calls.

But wait I just updated MGCP gateway, in CallManager, restart gateway after update and did no mgcp, mgcp at the gateway.

2. Same settings in MGCP gateway and I want it to keep as simple as possible. So I removed the specific route pattern for local calls configured as 9.@ and set with route filters and replaced with 9.[2-9]XXXXXX same RL poiting to same port on gateway. Check used External Phonber Mask and set Calling Line ID Presentation: Allowed

and Calling Line Name Presentation: Allowed

Placed call to same local 7 Digit Numbers, same results Callmanager sends the information to gateway, but provider sees it as Unknown, Unknown.

At this point I was like (F^*&k) it I going to switch to H323 and see if the provider is really set for National/ISDN

I Changed the gateway from MGCP to H323 updated my patterns and dial-peers. First local 7 digit call out works, of course as I have configured Plan and type at the gateway. Provider was telling the true and call routes properly with Caller ID information

I was like (damm!) works under H323, but not under MGCP. This was supposed to be simple, probably something simple i'm missing but cant come up with anything bug related under the IOS of the version of CM.

Thanks for your time

Armando

Reference Config Below

network-clock-participate wic 0

network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/0

network-clock-select 2 T1 0/0/1

!

!

isdn switch-type primary-ni

!

!

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

cablelength long 0db

pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp

!

interface Serial0/0/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

no cdp enable

!

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.10.10.11

ccm-manager mgcp

no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server 10.10.10.10

ccm-manager config

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 10.10.10.10 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify

mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse

mgcp package-capability rtp-package

mgcp package-capability sst-package

mgcp package-capability pre-package

no mgcp package-capability res-package

no mgcp package-capability fxr-package

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

mgcp sdp simple

mgcp fax t38 inhibit

no mgcp explicit hookstate

mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static

mgcp bind control source-interface Loopback0

mgcp bind media source-interface Loopback0

!

mgcp profile default

Any help will be appreciated

Armando

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: