Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Gateway (ISDN Trunk to PABX) Use FAC Cisco

Helmi Muzammil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have Cisco MGCP gateway that is connected to PABX using ISDN E1 Trunk. all the PSTN call from PABX through the Call Manager. all of users should use FAC when call to PSTN.

H.323 PSTN Gateway  ----- Call Manager ----- MGCP Gateway ---- E1 Trunk ---- PABX

Can i force the PABX phone to use FAC cisco when call to PSTN?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I doubt FAC works for any device other than on line side for Cisco phones. Even not supported for MVA calls.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

Hi Helmi,

As per the Features and Services Guide:

The FAC and CMC tones play only on Cisco Unified IP Phones that are running SCCP, TAPI/JTAPI ports, and MGCP FXS ports.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fsfaccmc.html#wp1046253

Manish

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Helmi,

I cant see why not, as long as you let the PABX use a route pattern for PSTN, that has the "requires Force auth code"-box ticked

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

I've done that, but when my pabx phone dial the PSTN number, there is no FAC input prompt only busy prompt.

Thanks

Is that same route pattern hit when a call manager registered phones makes a PSTN Call?  in other words, does the pattern invoke FAC when you make the call using a Call manager registered IP phone? I am just trying to see if we can eliminate a few things.

als the MGCP gateway that connects to your PBX, does it have media resources available? in its device pool?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Denis,

Cisco IP Phone hit the same route pattern and works.

Yes offcourse. its have media resource.

Any advice?

Thanks

I doubt FAC works for any device other than on line side for Cisco phones. Even not supported for MVA calls.

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Do you have an officially document which say that?

Thanks

Hi Helmi,

As per the Features and Services Guide:

The FAC and CMC tones play only on Cisco Unified IP Phones that are running SCCP, TAPI/JTAPI ports, and MGCP FXS ports.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fsfaccmc.html#wp1046253

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thank you.

Helmi

Thanks Manish to give refrence of desired doc [+5]

- Vivek