Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Gateways and CUCM 8.6

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm performing a migration from 5.1 to 8.6. Our customer has several MGCP gateways connected  against the CCM. IOS from gateways are 12.4.

My question is, could we have problems between MGCP gateways and CCM 8.6 due an incompatibility between IOS version and CCM?

Regards

16 Replies 16

odaijeriss
Level 1
Level 1

hi my friend,

yes sure, yo need to check compatibility between the ios and the CUCM:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/versions/IPTMtrix.html#wp1016708

Best Regards,

Odai Jeriss

Thank you Odai.

I know that Cisco recomends IOS 15.1 for CCM 8.6. But I want to know if somebody has tested 12.4 with MGCP.

Regards

Best way is to test it and confirm if it dose the job or not

Yes of course, it's the best way.

But I cannot test it until the migration, so I don't know if I need to perform a rollback.

Regards

Use a ccm in a vmware and test it after hours with gateway

I'm all for testing in advance, where possible.  However, see here for some further info as well:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3473488#3473488

It touches on a few items but has some gateway/IOS informational points as well.

Note the link provided above is a release summary and not a complete compatibility summary.  That link is a baseline of the components used in verification of each release train.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Dumb question... Can't you just upgrade your gateway?

Save yourself the hassle of wondering what may break.

Ven

Ven Taylor

Of course, it would be the best option. But, do I need to purchase licenses to this?

Regards

Antonio

The fact that you are talking about upgrades from 12.4 to 15 infers that you must be using ISR-G1s (eg 28xx , 38xx)

type of routers.

To the best of my knowledge you do not need licenses, you just download the IOS files and upgrade as normal.

All of course if you have a CCO account with the correct privilages and entirlements.

The licensing issues come in to play for the ISR-G2s (29xx, 39xx)

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

i have 100 mgcp 2821 gateways connecting to call manager currently 7.1.3, we are in the process of upgrading to 8.6 but our routers have only 256mb of memory and are unable to upgrade to ver15 ios, what other choices do i have. i have already purchased ucs210m2 for the upgrade.

please advise

Con

Con,

You could try the latest 12.4T release this assuming you 64MB of flash & 256MB of DRAM

SP SERVICES
c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-24.T6.bin
Release Date: 31/AUG/2011
Size: 49665.07 KB (50857024 bytes)
Minimum Memory: DRAM:256MB Flash:64MB

HTH

Alex

Hi my sites are running 2821 advanced ip services ver12.4T4 and im testing the T6 version

Will i still have compatability with T4 ios ???

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

If you are running 12.4.24T4 this IOS has been deferred by Cisco -- Many software bugs

T6 is the latest replacement.

HTH

Alex

Please rate useful posts.

hi all,

i have upgrade to cucm 8.5.1 su3 and running ios 12.4.t6 on 2821 router and now have fxs port issues,

the fax machine can receive faxes fine but when it tries to send their isnt even a dial tone and they are getting engaged tone.

any ideas in what has changed to cause this???

please advise

thanks in advance

Con