cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP ISDN input call

j.ceron
Level 1
Level 1

I one CM version 4.1 and a 3745 gateway connected to PRI ISDN E1.

Output calls to PSTN works fine.

Problem is when one input call comes throught PRI-ISDN.

Local PTT send four digits that I can use to route call to one internal extensions. However number that receive like 2451, 2452 ..., 2479 are diferent from my extensions (300, 301,.., 399).

How Can I translate these input numbers to real extensions

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Basically this is the only way to do this with callmanager and MGCP.

This get really nasty when you have many translation patterns, then it is time to map the last digits to extensions

Example external 12567832 to internal 832

jan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Use Translation pattern in CCM or Gateway.

If you have a Cisco IOS? Software gateway, a translation rule can be created and applied to the outbound Voice over IP (VoIP) dial peer. The following is an example configuration:

translation-rule 1

rule 1 ^0760 7300

dial-peer voice 10 voip

translate-outgoing called 1On Cisco CallManager, make a translation pattern and change the called party number from 0760 to 7300.

these translations doesnt work in mgcp controlled e1 because call manager takes control of all signalling inside E1 (or T1).

I find one fix and is using Call Manager to make translations in call manager main screen we select Route Plan > Translation Pattern, here im introduce Translation Pattern (ex 2451), Partition: , calling search space and called Party Transform Mask (ex 380).

now when we received a call to 6512451 this call goes to extension 380.

Basically this is the only way to do this with callmanager and MGCP.

This get really nasty when you have many translation patterns, then it is time to map the last digits to extensions

Example external 12567832 to internal 832

jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: