Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP link to CUCM

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a configuration that if the MGCP link with both Call Managers go down, to alert Telco that the link is down, so they don't send calls to that PRI and would know to roll over the lines to another PRI which terminates at another GW 

We had an outage where MGCP lost connectivity to CUCM cluster. Telco is suppose to roll over to another PRI if calls are failing. Since Telco does not monitor our GW connectivity to CUCM, they don't get alerted and still send calls to our GW.
Telco is suppose to roll over to another PRI GW if calls are failing.

Just wondering if there is a command on the GW to alert them.

Thanks 

Sharri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you understanding is correct above example was for if MGCP PRI goes down.

However If MGCP gateway gets unregistered somehow then also you can set up a custom alert for that using RTMT.

You need to go to performance - choose CUCM where MGCP is registered - Go to Call manager-registered MGCP gateway.

Once it is open then you can set a customize the alert.Alert will send an email if any MGCP devices gets unregistered.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is one drawback of MGCP if it loses conenction to even primary or secondary , we loose the calls.IF both then we are doomed.

In my view you can set the RTMT alert for the MGCP PRI and it will send alert email for PRI events to  tech team  or telco whenver it is down or flapping.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Subject: [RTMT-ALERT-AdminCUCM] MgcpDChannelOutOfService

MGCP Channel is out-of-service

Channel-Out-Of-Service status in gateway device(s): S0/SU0/DS1-3@hostname

Thank you for the reply Deepak.

I will suggest that to the client. Just wanted to verify before letting them know.

Welcome ,please mark it as answered if no more queries.thank you

Thanks Deepak.

That's the information I was looking for 

Sharri

Hi Deepak,

I'm a little bit confused, this alert will be sent if the PRI goes down but if MGCP connection to Call managers go down RTMT won't send the alert . right ?

Subject: [RTMT-ALERT-AdminCUCM] MgcpDChannelOutOfService

MGCP Channel is out-of-service

Channel-Out-Of-Service status in gateway device(s): S0/SU0/DS1-3@hostname

Yes you understanding is correct above example was for if MGCP PRI goes down.

However If MGCP gateway gets unregistered somehow then also you can set up a custom alert for that using RTMT.

You need to go to performance - choose CUCM where MGCP is registered - Go to Call manager-registered MGCP gateway.

Once it is open then you can set a customize the alert.Alert will send an email if any MGCP devices gets unregistered.