cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP not registering while replacing 2800 VGW with 4300 VGW

Vijay Patil
Level 3
Level 3

we are replacing 2800 Voice gateway with New 4321 VGW..

where we are facing issue with new 4321 VGw MGCP connection with CUCM (10.5 version)

attached is the old 2800 & new 4321 voice gateway configuration

PRI shows UP & running on new 4321 series router ...but MGCP gateway not registering

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Right. So as I said, if TAC does not have a 'patch' for your version of CUCM I think you will have to upgrade to a supported version for the gateway to register regardless of the router config.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Vijay,

can u post the output of commands :

a. show ccm-manager hosts

b. show controllers E1 [Do clear counters before capturing the output]

regds,

aman

Hello gmgarrian,

Yes found the this Cisco bug..when we tried to configure new MGCP we are not able to see the 4321 in the list .

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The ISR-4k's come predefined with a ip source address binding the tftp traffic to a management interface. Change that to your voice SVI or another interface which has reachability to the CUCM.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vijay,

I do not see the configuration attached with this post. There is only one screenshot which has two Cisco 2821 MGCP Gateway configured.

Can you please attach both router configurations and another screenshot with Cisco 4321 Router configured as MGCP Gateway?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hello Vaijanath,

attached is the both old & new VGW configuration

One thing I noticed, why is your voice-port shut ?

voice-port 0/1/0:15
shutdown

Unshut that and check the isdn status. If that is good, enable the following -

debug ip tcp trans
debug mgcp packet
debug ccm-manager backhaul packets
debug ccm-manager backhaul events
debug isdn q921

Do a "no mgcp/mgcp" and collect the logs.

Hello Nipun,

That port is actually in no shut mode...& sh ISDN status give ..PRI UP output

The screenshot you posted shows the router configured as a 2821 in CUCM.The 4321 will not register (unless there is some magic I am unaware of) in your CUCM unless it is built as a 4321 in CUCM, regardless of the configuration on the router.

Can you contact TAC to see if there is a patch file that will add support for the 4321 for your version of CUCM? If not, it seems to me that you will have to upgrade your cluster to one of the versions listed in the bug as a 'fixed' version to add support for this router model.

Hello Maren,

It absolute right that i need to create a new MGCP gateway with the Gateway Type "4321"

But unfortunately CUCM we are running is of

System version: 10.5.1.10000-7  which is affected with bug CSCuo85914...for which need to apply patch on it ...like

10.5(2.10000.5)

10.5(1.98000.77)

10.5(1.98000.29)

Right. So as I said, if TAC does not have a 'patch' for your version of CUCM I think you will have to upgrade to a supported version for the gateway to register regardless of the router config.

I did not check the snapshot assuming that you would have the correct GW model in CUCM. Thanks to Maren, he actually took a look at it. This is pretty basic that you cannot reference just any router model in CUCM and register it.
CUCM 9.1 introduced support for these I believe. And since you are already aware that a patch is required, why not upgrade it ? There is no workaround for this other than using the GW as SIP or H.323.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: