Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Registering With CM

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am finding issues registering a 3725 router to a single node CUCM. The IOS gateway is stuck in "Registering With CM". The TFTP download process is successful and the configuration download is successful (see attached file) and the configuration on CUCM seemed good to me (the attached screenshot).

I configured no MGCP endpoints on the gateway.

I restarted the following services: TFTP, Call Manager, RIS data collector. I restarted the MGCP process on the gateway.

IP communication is established between the gateway and the CUCM.

Gateway IOS version 12.4(15)T5.

CUCM version 8.6.2

network setting: GW (192.168.2.135) --- CUCM (192.168.2.250)

Your suggestions please.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"I configured no MGCP endpoints on the gateway."

That's your problem, the GW will not register without an endpoint, and without the endpoint actually being alive, I mean, if you configure a PRI, if there's no cable with a live PRI, it will not register.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

[+5] to Jaime and Deepak.

I could not see any E1-PRI card in show version of the router. You need to have VWIC-MFT-T1/E1 card.

After the same is plugged in router and endpoint are configured, you can connect cross over cable [1---4 and 2---5 pins in RJ45 connector   to check the status of E1 controller UP and MGCP registration.

regds,

aman

This gateway won't be connected to any PRI trunk.

So is it true that, if I host a FXO card on the gateway and still don't configure it, will the gateway remain unregistered until I configure the FXO ports (and endpoints on the CUCM)?

You will need to configure FXO ports on CM for the gateway to come up:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/42101-cm-cfg.html

Regards

Deepak

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer to below guide and configure it that way, you will need to add endpoints on the CM as well:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/media-gateway-control-protocol-mgcp/23966-mgcp-pri-cm.html

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: