Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Registration with CUCM 8.6

Jamin Horton
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Don't know why but I seem to be having a lot of problems with getting CUCM 8.6 to successfully register with my 2851 GW router. It's my understanding that it should be relatively straightforward and easy. Here were my steps,

1) Add GW in CUCM, it's my understanding that the domain name is the hostname of the router then . and the domain name.

Domain Name*     PSTN_ROUTER.cciev.com

2) Here is my config in the 2851 GW Router,

hostname PSTN_ROUTER

ip domain name cciev.com

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server 192.168.2.202 (This is my Subscriber IP)

ccm-manager config

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 192.168.2.202 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

mgcp fax t38 ecm

no mgcp explicit hookstate.

Below is a screenshot of the debug mgcp error I get and a show of ccm-manager. It seems to stick at REGISTERING TO CM and the TFTP DOWNLOAD FAILED counter seems to keep climbing. I can't seem to get past this part.

MGCP.jpg

Everything I read seems to point to domain name and set up in CUCM but I have tried every combination available and even tried without setting a domain name on the router but still experience the same thing. I even upgraded IOS to 15.1(4)M4

If someone can point me in the right direction or pass along some step by steps I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time!

18 Replies 18

Jamin Horton
Level 4
Level 4

It's worth noting this is a LAB, no ACL's or connectivity issues of any kind. I'm obviously messing up the config somewhere.

Ok, where you at support community?

Hi Jamin,

can you attach the show tech.

is this a brand new setup?

try pinging the cucm from the gateway, check and let me know the result?

what are the end-point that you are trying to resgister?

Regards,

Kevin

have you tried registering the router with just the domain name PSTN_ROUTER rather than

PSTN_ROUTER_cciev.com?

Regards,

Kevin Monteiro

Hi Jamin,

When you register a MGCP gateway, you register a end-point in this case what are you trying to register T1/E1,FXS,FXO?

Is the callmanager service ON?

As said try doing a extended ping  to the CUCM from the gateway, check if the CUCM is pingable?

Debugs:

debug mgcp packets (this would help)

Try this (make sure this is done during a downtime)

reset the gateway once.

no mgcp no ccm-manager config server 192.168.2.202no ccm-manager config ccm-manager config server 192.168.2.202
ccm-manager config mgcp

Regards,
Kevin Monteiro

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. This is indeed a new setup, it's my home LAB. I have tried multiple naming conventions with and without the domain name involved. Network connectivity does not appear to be a problem. Trying to register up two 2MFT-T1-D1 cards, one of the cards is in a NM-HDV.

I see where I can insert an image or a video but I don't see where I can insert a text file with the show tech?

Hi Jamin,

Go to use advanced editor option on the to right corner  when you reply and when you scroll down you can attach the

the following:

show tech.

show isdn status

Regards,

Kevin Monteiro

Jamin,

follow the steps:

1> Make sure that your T1 interface is up i.e: MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED:

2> Do the following:

no mgcp no ccm-manager config server 192.168.2.202
no ccm-manager config ccm-manager config server 192.168.2.202
ccm-manager config mgcp

3> RESET the mgcp gateway on the cucm page.

4>Check the call manager services in servicibilty TRY to restart the services:

Regards,

Kevin Monteiro

Thanks Kevin,

Here is the attached show tech, show isdn is not a valid command for my IOS. Will take a look at your last suggestion when I get back, (have to run the family out for a little labor day fun) and will get back to you.

Jamin,

When you say your registering a MGCP gateway you  register the endpoint. In this case your resgitering the T1.

So Make sure you have correctly configured the T1(serial interface 0/2/0) in you lab  router on the cucm page:

NAME: "Two port T1 voice interface daughtercard with Drop and Insert on Slot 0 SubSlot 2", DESCR: "Two port T1 voice interface daughtercard with Drop and Insert"

PID: VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI=  , VID: 1.0, SN: 32967235  

This is on slot 0 subslot 2:

and to check the status is of the show isdn status:

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Kevin Monteiro

Still no luck, please take a look at the attached. Hope it helps find the culprit.

Hi,

did you manage to make it work? I'll be facing the same installation in a month.

Hi Ruben,

Do attach the show tech and version of the CUCM.

Regards,

Kevin

Quick question...Is your Subscriber the TFTP server for the cluster? The config server in MGCP should be set to the TFTP server.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: