cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate ATA 191 to Multi Platform Firmware for Webex Call Registration

Brandon Rebbe
Level 1
Level 1

I have an older ATA 191 that i am trying to get Multiplatform Firmware loaded too. The existing Web UI does not have the options under the administration area to send the command to update from a local TFTP. I also found a couple deployment guides that showed a way to build a file that tells it to upgrade but those have been unsuccessful too. 

Has anyone been able to migrate an ATA 191 from Enterprise to MP?

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I did not know the upgrader would do that. I used it for our 8800 series phones already.  

I will try that out and see what i can do. 

Looks like the Upgrader does not work for ATA units. I am still scratching my head on trying to get MP firmware into this thing.  

Hi Brandon, did you work out a way to convert the software in the ATA?

@cbran, we have this requirement too. I didn't realise ATA MPP conversion wasn't a thing!

Wonder if it is possible to convert the firmware via a call manager tftp device load?

The procedure to change from MPP<->Enterprise is ONLY available for IP Phones, the ATAs are not supported for this, thus, the intermediate load that is used for IP Phones during the migration does not exist for ATA.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

so you are saying the client who will connect their phone with ATA 191 on those phones MPP firmware wil be loaded?

so, ATA 191 can support phones with WebEx MPP based Firmware. correct?

If you require an ATA to be used with MPP phones then you need to order specific ATA. You cannot convert an ATA to MPP firmware or use an ATA with MPP phones unless it has the correct firmware.

Understood the customer who are looking for ATA with MPP phones, they have to order below SKU instead of ATA191-K9.

ATA191-3PW-K9191 Analog Telephone Adapter for MPP

On top of this, if you guys have any questions on licenses for CUCM (Flex 3), CME. Please let me know, so I can share exact SKU details over here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: