cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate Cisco 7940 SCCP to SIP - Error "Ring Settings for this line are not supported for this device"

mtotelenivel1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I tried migrating a Cisco phone 7940 SCCP to SIP and shows me the following error:

Migrate Phones - SCCP TO SIP

Begin Time: 11/04/2016 12:31:05

End Time: 04/11/2016 12:31:05

Query:

MIGRATE SCCP ALL PHONES

SET Values:

Reset phones = true

Result Summary:

MIGRATION for 0 PHONE passed.

MIGRATION for 1 PHONE failed.

Failure Details:

devicename Error Error Code Description
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
SEP001BD4a09027 130 Ring Settings for esta line are not supported for this device

What could be the reason?

Thanks & Regards,

Juan Miguel Huertas Alegre

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will continue to have that error as if you have a look at the CUCM config, there are no options for "Ring setting" for the 7940 Sip phones under the Line configuration phone.

This option is available under the 7940 SCCP phones but not under the 7940 SIP phones and thus you will have that error.

I guess for these phones you will have to add them manually instead of the migration option.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will continue to have that error as if you have a look at the CUCM config, there are no options for "Ring setting" for the 7940 Sip phones under the Line configuration phone.

This option is available under the 7940 SCCP phones but not under the 7940 SIP phones and thus you will have that error.

I guess for these phones you will have to add them manually instead of the migration option.

Also, I generally advise against doing this. The 7940/7960 are "Type A" phones and lack a fair amount of functionality over SIP. Case I point is they will require SIP Dial Rules.

Hi Team,

I migrated the phone manually and it worked correctly.

Thanks & Regards,

Juan Miguel Huertas Alegre

sallamesta
Level 1
Level 1
had the same issue and Hitesh's answer solved it. thanks all!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: