Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate CUCM 4 to CUCM 8.6

arshamfarah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a big issue, I know all about the steps to migrate CUCM 4.x to CUCM 8.6 and I have successfully get the output lic file from DMA tool, the issue I have is I am going to implement the new CUCM on vmware, I also got the lic file for the "License Mac" of the new pub but it rejects it and it says that this license is locked for another host. How can I get the license for the VMware machines?

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I am not aware of any tool, and would be very surprised to find out there is one as that would go agaist everything Cisco has been doing on licensing front.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

There is no tool you do the DMA you get a file called licenseupgrade.lic you give that to the licensing tech along with your license mac and they will give you all the phone licenses.  For the node license you PAK key that comes with the disc go to www.cisco.com/go/license and you enter the pak key and the license mac on the 2nd page there is a check box that ask is this for a virtual deployment if so check this box.  If you do not check that box your node licenses will not be able to be loaded. if you open a ticket with licensing@cisco.com they will be able to take all the info PAK, license file and license mac and give you valid licenses for the UCS deployment.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to contact licensing@cisco.com to get the licenses re-hosted.

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris

Thank you, but what I am looking for is to see if cisco has a tool for this as if I wanted to do this with a physical server I can go to https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet?FormId=806 . and automatically get the license, I added the "License Mac" as the host ID in the mentioned tool but the CUCM rejects the license for it says it belongs to an other host as I looked in the physical license and an evaluation license I got from cisco I saw that in the licenses for VMware it has mentioned that hostid=hostname=XXXXXXXXX but in the lic I got from this tool I have only the hostid=XXXXXXXXX so I think there must be some kind of automatic procedure to get the licenses for VM servers.

Best Regards

You need to contct the licensing team either via the email or by calling TAC toll free line.

HTH,

Chris

Did you check the box when getting the license that this was for a virtual environment. Check you license Mac again if you changed any of the following you license Mac changed......ntp sever time zone there are a couple other things that affect the Mac address. But you need to email licensing just like Chris said.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Dear  l.checkon and Chris

Per above comments, you are certain that that there are no tools to produce the upgrade licence directly from the DMA output for CUCM on virtual mashins? By the way I could not find any check box in the tool I mentioned for virtual mashine.

Regards

Onething more, I myself belive that since I am not the only one to have customers with this senario, I have four customers now and I am negotiating for the fifth I have keep them all on hold because I wanted to make sure about the fastest procedure.

I am not aware of any tool, and would be very surprised to find out there is one as that would go agaist everything Cisco has been doing on licensing front.

HTH,

Chris

There is no tool you do the DMA you get a file called licenseupgrade.lic you give that to the licensing tech along with your license mac and they will give you all the phone licenses.  For the node license you PAK key that comes with the disc go to www.cisco.com/go/license and you enter the pak key and the license mac on the 2nd page there is a check box that ask is this for a virtual deployment if so check this box.  If you do not check that box your node licenses will not be able to be loaded. if you open a ticket with licensing@cisco.com they will be able to take all the info PAK, license file and license mac and give you valid licenses for the UCS deployment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: