Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate CUCM 8.0 from MCS to UCS platform

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CUCM cluster installed on MCS 7845.We want to migrate the cluster to UCS with the same CUCM version. What is the best way to migrate  without much impacting the production? On two servers, CTI service is enabled to integrate with IPCC(UCCE 8.0).

Thanks

KMS

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming your CUCM version supports virtualization, it's all a matter of just using DRS to move from one to the other.

Set your servers in the lab, restore, and then replace the old ones with the new UCS VMs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply. I planning to migrate first the subscribers and finally the Publisher.During the weekend if i shutdown the existing subscriber(with CTI service service running for IPCC/UCCE integration) on MCS and install a new subsciber server on UCS with same hostname and IP address and same CUCM cluster, will this work without any integration issues with IPCC?

Thanks

KMS

Jianbin Huang
Level 1
Level 1

First, you need to backup the CUCM using DRS. ( I strongly recommend you perform a "DRS restore simulation” using on a fresh PUB node, to validating the backup files.)

When you installing the CUCM 8.x on a VM environment, he MAC address of the physical NIC card is no longer used to associate the license to the server. you need to contact cisco license support team to submit a "license rehost" request. you should upload this new license file before you restore the config by DRS. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: