cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate CUCM,UCNXN, UCCX to new UCS server

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

One of our customer we just migrated them from MCS to UCS and upgrade all UC apps to 9.x. One of the UCS server has a punctured RAID, only option to fix is to rebuild the server from scratch. Cisco is replacing a new UCS server our question CUCM, UCNXN and UCCX running on this bad server is all failover/subscriber servers and since the bad one is still in production is there anyway we can move the vmdk files (of course after turning off the servers) to new UCS server without rebuilding the UC servers again. Can we do VMotion or some other method so we can save time. Thanks for your help.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shut down the VMs, go to the datastore and download all the VM related files, then just upload to the new server, register the VMs and start them

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thanks for the quick response. How about the OVA on the new server? before we move the files to the new server or should I just manually create the virtual machine with the same hardware spec and select the existing vmdk files instead of create a new file. Thanks again for your help.

If you move ALL the files, you just register the VM and start it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

I'm sorry since I have not done that before just wondering is there any doc or something to see the procedure?  I understand the part of moving files to the new server then what would you do on the VSphere client to bring the server up that is where I'm not clear. OVA or manually create the machine or ?? Let me know. Thanks again for your help.

Can I just move the servers like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSZdWQMynhw

If I can do this what should I select at the end when I boot the guest server on the new UCS box "Moved" or "Copied" . I'm assuming I should select "moved" and that should take care of it. When I do that it will ask me to "Register" or no? In other words when do get option to register in the new server? Thanks again for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: