Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate from other vendos to Cisco

Mohamed.Tawfeeq
Level 1
Level 1

I hope everybody is having a good time

We've a new project , it's a university with many colleges , each college has it's own call agent. Panasonic , Avaya , Cisco ,... etc

We'll unify all & migrate to CUCM Enterprise but there's Two catches with this scenario

1- There're (4) UCS M4 BE6k with lots of money & license , how can I get a good use of it in the new deployment.

2- Is there anyway I register third party's IP phones to something intermediary e,g CUBE , & then start migrating one by one so users doesn't feel service disruption.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I currently run a mulitple cluster setup between a Nortel CS2100 (SL100) and 2 UCM clusters. 

You can trunk straight from the Nortel to UCM , including full DTMF, without having to hit CUBE first.

Same with CS1k or Option 11 switches. 

ALong those same lines just about any TDM or IP PBX that supports SIP trunking will be able to trunk directly to UCM bypassing CUBE. 

Keep it simple unless you have a specific reason to trunk to CUBE first. 

As for the BE6K question spin up your VM guests for the servers you need on it. Since you said you have many you can properly split the servers between the servers. 

Finally as as was previously suggested the deployment model section of the SRND is a great place to start on things like this. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

I suggest you start looking at CUCM SRDN (deployment models). This will give you more insight about the best deployment option based on your scenario.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/models.html

Regarding 3rd party endpoints, you can either register them directly to cucm or create temp trunks to existing pubs and migrate the endpoints of each pbx seperatly. I don't see a point in registering endpoints to 3rd party system

Thx Mr. Mohamed for your quick reply.

I'll create many trunks this way, I guess I'll Trunk all to one CUBE then from CUBE to new enterprise CUCM

The  question is how can I make good use of exisiting BE6K installed on Cisco UCS

Can I accompain all into one virutal subscriber or something ? maybe I use it for unity connection ?

I currently run a mulitple cluster setup between a Nortel CS2100 (SL100) and 2 UCM clusters. 

You can trunk straight from the Nortel to UCM , including full DTMF, without having to hit CUBE first.

Same with CS1k or Option 11 switches. 

ALong those same lines just about any TDM or IP PBX that supports SIP trunking will be able to trunk directly to UCM bypassing CUBE. 

Keep it simple unless you have a specific reason to trunk to CUBE first. 

As for the BE6K question spin up your VM guests for the servers you need on it. Since you said you have many you can properly split the servers between the servers. 

Finally as as was previously suggested the deployment model section of the SRND is a great place to start on things like this. 

Then I will go directly to Trunk with CUCM via the IP-GW
The multiple VM guests I think I will re-install it depending on the UCS HW capacities.

How to use the servers, will depend on the features required (video conferencing, MRA, paging, UCCX, etc.), how many users/devices you need to support in total (and future growth), level of redundancy required, physical location of the servers, if this is going to be CoW or not, etc.

If you have no experience with this, I strongly suggest you reach out to a Cisco partner who has UC specializations for assistance to determine the best design, based on requirements, and what products need to be installed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I opened a case with PDI . Thanks for your share