Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating ITL files between CUCM Clusters CUCM 9.1 to CUCM 12

stobar1101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am about to make an IP Phones migration from CUCM 9.1 to CUCM 12, I have migrated the database from CUCM 9.1 to 12 through PCD, but the hostname and IP of the new cluster have changed.

I would like to know if I have to Migrating ITL files to the new cluster, so that I do not have problems when I change the IP Phones from one cluster to another.

I hope you can help me.

7 Replies 7

Hi tgaur,

Thanks for the info.

I just have a question can do the process Bulk Certificate Management and Consolidate and go migrating the IP Phones little by little to the new cluster or after I do this I have to migrate all IP Phones.

hi,

bulk cert migration is the important step rest you can plan according to your convenience. i would suggest go through that documents they will explain the whole process in detail.

regards.  

Hi, thanks for the reply

If I have reviewed the information you have provided, but I am not clear if using method 1 of this post:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213407-migrate-phones-between-secure-clusters.html

I will be able to move a phone from one cluster to another without having to manually delete the files.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I would recommend using the feature Prepare Cluster for Rollback to pre 8.0
. It will simply delete the phone from ITL Security file and you can migrate to new cluster
https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/prepare-cluster-for-rollback-to-pre-8-0/td-p/3397200

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Hi Haris,

Thanks for your answer.

This will restart all the phones that I have currently registered in CUCM 9.1, if I'm not wrong, if I do this I can use the phones in both clusters that is if I need to pass one to CUCM 12 ITL security would not be necessary anymore.

Yes, Also when this parameter is enabled Extension Mobility will not work. You can do this just before migrating the Phone to the new Cluster.
So you have all the phone on 9.1, Enable this parameter on 9.1 reset all the phones, then change the DHCP Option 150 Pointing to new CUCM and reset all Phones. They should be able to register to CUCM 12.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: