Helpful
Replies

Migrating user from CM 6.0.1 to CM 8.5

Novriadi .
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks

Happy new year..:D

I have question about how to migrate user (move) from CM 6.0.1 to CM 8.5 ?, in this case we have separate physical server for CM 6.0.1 & CM 8.5 and want move all user registration to our new CM 8.5.

I have read that we can use MIG-CUCM-USR-A part number to migrating license from old CM to new CM.

Has anyone do the same job ?

Many Thanks

Novri

5 Replies 5

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Migrating licensing isnt an issue. You just need to contact licensing team at cisco, provide them with macs of old new system, they will migrate the license and provide you with a new licence which you can upload on the new server.

For actual migration of users/config you can use DRS restores(preferred) or BAT (import\export). But both work between the same cucm versions. You can upgrade your old cucm 6.0.1 to 8.5(not a direct upgrade), take DRS backup and restore onto your new system.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Terry

Thanks for your prompt reply, but actually I want move all user registration from CM 6.0.1 to CM 8.5 which has been run in other cluster (CM 6.0.1 and CM 8.5 is separate cluster). and don't want to export DRS to our CM 8.5 since the DRS will rewrite existing configuration on CM 8.5, and we'll leave CM 6.0.1 after that.

Is the information clear for you ?

Thanks

Novri

Hi Novri,

No problem. I incorrectly assumed you are upgrading your Call manager from 6.0.1 to 8.5.

For licensing part, please contact licensing@cisco.com i believe they should be able to assist you here. You can provide them with details of your both call managers, number of devices etc. you want to migrate. They will be able to provide you with best guidance.

For technical part, actual migration of phones between separate clusters and with different cucm versions. I think your best bet may be using BAT to insert phones in the new system. You can export the details of the phones from old system mac address, model etc and prepare CSV file for each model and run BAT to insert the phones in the 8.5 system.

Terry

Hi Terry,

If so, we don't need any MIG-CUCM-USR license right ?

How about migrating user from CM 4.X ? is MIG-CUCM-USR-B is mandatory ?

Thanks

Novri

Hi Novri,

I would suggest you to contact\email licensing team, normally you will get a quick response, they will be able to suggest you the best approach. I faintly remember doing the same on a cucm 4 to 7 for a customer a while ago, if I remember correctly, I didnt order any MIG-USR licenses, I liased with licensing team and had emailed them with the details of the phones etc. and they provided a consolidated license file to be uploaded on the cucm7.

Hope that helps!

Terry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: