cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration of CUCM Servers

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

I am migrating 7 CUCM servers onto new hardware and keeping the Ip Addresses the same. I cannot use PCD for the migration as it is version 9.1 to 9.1 and it is not supported. The only method I can use is to switch off the legacy server and then do a fresh install and restore so the server is on the new hardware.

I have moved 2 dedicated TFTP  servers and am about to do the Publisher. I will do a restore of publisher once the new server is built.

1.Will I need to change rollback to pre 8.0 so that the certs are deleted and the phones will register okay when all Subscribers are moved? (I have read the very good support doc on ITL files on handsets etc but not 100% clear for this scenario)

2. Do the phones reboot straight away once the ent param is set or will it stay on the call and once call is finished?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DRS moves the certificates as well, unless you have changed something that triggered a certificate re-generation, or generated a CSR and uploaded a new one, there is no need for anything.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

many thanks for the answer
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: