Views
Helpful
Replies

Minimum Router's RAM requirement for Cisco CME

Ferdi0802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone ever try to use below 1 GB RAM when installing CME for router 29XX? I know that Cisco recommend to use 1 GB RAM. I just want to know, what problem we will may face, if we implement CME with 2921 router for 50 users with default RAM (512 MB).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I always prefer to follow the recommendation to avoid any bad situation with my customers, but meanwhile you may use it until you get another 512 RAM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

As you mentioned; for 2911 routers the recommended is to use 1 GB of RAM as per the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme105spc.html

As you also going to deploy it with its maximum ip phones that can support, I'd highly recommend you to use 1 GB. If you use 512 RAM,  you may fall into performance issues and your setup will not be supported by Cisco TAC.

Thank you,

Shadi

Hi,

I plan to use 2921, which is support up to 100 phone, and only use half of its max capacity. Do you think that's gonna be problem?

I always prefer to follow the recommendation to avoid any bad situation with my customers, but meanwhile you may use it until you get another 512 RAM.

RICK CLEMENTS
Level 1
Level 1

I have many 2921 routers deployed with CME/CUE with 512 meg but they are only on 8.6.  When you want to move up to let's say a 10.5, you will need the 1 gig compliment to be able to run it.  You also need to consider the flash size. For all the same reasons I would always go with a gig of flash in order to hold all the phone loads, display pictures and even your router IOS load. I find it hard to safely upgrade to 9 or 10 if I have a small flash in the system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: