Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed-call dial back

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a very common problem. I know i must be missing something small. I just cant figure what it is.

This is the scenario - PSTN call is enabled through E1 PRI.

To make outside calls, there is an access code = 9 i.e. if users need to call PSTN, they should dial 9 & the number.

This works perfectly fine.

Now the problem is, if someone calls from the PSTN to the IP Phone, it only shows the PSTN number. And if this call is disconected from the Caller-end before answering on the IP Phone (i.e. Misscall), and then the user tries to dial back from the Misscall Directory screen (on the IP Phone), the call will fail because there is no "9" available.

Ive tried this with different CUCM such as 7, 8, 8.5, 8.6.. The VoiceGateway is MGCP in all these cases..

Im Stuck...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shabeeb

6 Replies 6

alialjamri2008
Level 1
Level 1

hi ali 

i looked at the uri you provide if i did that method is it going to impact other incoming numbers ? 

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shabeeb dont be stuck..dont despair, there is plenty of help here..

There are two ways you can do this...

1. Use a xlation pattern for your incoming calls..and under the "calling party xformation, there is a field "prefix digit outgoing calls" you can then put a "9" here. You need to ensure that the CSS on your xlation pattern has access to your Internal DNs. You need to ensure that the CSS on your mgcp gateway under call routing inbound calls has access only to this xlation pattern. If the CSS can see your internal DN, this wont work as it will ignore the xlation pattern and ring your DN directly.

2. You can do this directly on the gateway itself. You select the PRI port you use for incoming calls configured on the mgcp gateway, scroll down to "call routing information---->inbound calls" You will see a field "Prefix DN" you can then add 9 here.

If you need help with setting up the xlation patterns let me know..be happy to help

Hope this helps...

Please rate all useful posts

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Heya Everyone,

There is even an much easier way.. Goto Service Parameters - Select the Server - Select Services Cisco CallManager - Click on Advanced

Now search for Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix - MGCP and add your access code which you use for dialing outside.

Vola.. It will work.. Thanks to alialjamri2008 and aokanlawon for your support.

Cheers..

Shabeeb Mohammed wrote:

Heya Everyone,

There is even an much easier way.. Goto Service Parameters - Select the Server - Select Services Cisco CallManager - Click on Advanced

Now search for Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix - MGCP and add your access code which you use for dialing outside.

Vola.. It will work.. Thanks to alialjamri2008 and aokanlawon for your support.

Cheers..

This is definitely the right way to handle this problem. One thing that the other method does not address is adding those digits when using mobile connect, whereas on this, you can set the "Incoming Calling Party Number Prefix - Apply to" to just internal devices and not to RDPs by using "Phones, CTI, TAPI, and JTAPI Only". Thank you Shabeeb for digging this one up!

I made this change a few months back and it worked perfectly.  Highly recommend this method.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: