cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed Call display Hunt Pilot Number upgrade 7.1.5 to 8.5

r.errington
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded from 7.1.5 to 8.5 and now the member of a hunt group only get the pilot number when they miss a call not the true calling number. Any Ideas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Here's the bug

CSCth95017 - Configurable parameter on how callingparty is displayed for hunt groups.

Description

Symptom:

As of phone load 9.x and higher, calls to a hunt pilot show the following format for the calling party on the ringing phone.

From 'Calling Party Name' for 'hunt pilot DN'

i.e.  From John Doe for XXXX

The previous format was

From 'Calling Party Name' ('Calling Party Number')

i.e.  From John Doe (XXX-XXX-XXXX)

Need a configurable parameter to change the format to the previous format if the customer desires.

Conditions:

Occurs on phone loads 9.0(x) and above.

Workaround:

Downgrade to 8.4.x

Details

1st Found-in:                          (1)

9.0(3)

Terminated

Last Modified:

Dec 21,2011

Product:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7900 Series

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

6 - enhancement

Customer Reported:                          (19)

And 

Here is the answer - from one of the very best, Wes Sisk @ Cisco

"The  ultimate resolution was committed on the server side. I updated the   bug Release-note to include more information about the fix. You will  see  that in Bug Toolkit and Bug Search Tool in 24-48 hours.  Looks like  it  was necessary to change the information CUCM was sending out in  order  for the phones to leverage that information. Here is what I added  to the  bug: New Service Parameter :  "Display Hunt Pilot Name or DN  for Hunt  Group Calls When Alerting"  Default Value : True ? Default  behavior will  be new behavior from 8.x . For customers who want the  previous behavior  of  7.x  will have to set this parameter to false  after upgrade.   Call  Processing Fix from SCCP and SIP Side :   -        For Hunt Pilot calls,  CUCM will not send Hunt Pilot URI to in outgoing  INVITE when this  service parameter is false but internally CUCM still  treats this call as  Hunt pilot call so that we do not break other  features. -       For  Hunt Pilot calls, CUCM will send the HP URI to  phone when this SP is  true.   For the versions above: 9.0(0.98000.74) -  this is an internal  nightly  build (.98xxx.). this *may* get it  included in 9.0(1)  9.0(0.98000.21) - this is an internal nightly  build  (.98xxx.). this  *may* get it included in 9.0(1) 8.6(4.98000.21) - this  is an internal  nightly  build (.98xxx.). this *may* get it included in  8.6(5)  8.6(2.21023.1) - this gets it fixed in 8.6(2) engineering  special branch  commonly referred to as es23. TAC can provide this to  you. This *may*  get it included in the next 8.6.2su that gets posted to  Cisco.com.  1.9(9.98000.16) - this appears to be a typo.  Regards, Wes"

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Here's the bug

CSCth95017 - Configurable parameter on how callingparty is displayed for hunt groups.

Description

Symptom:

As of phone load 9.x and higher, calls to a hunt pilot show the following format for the calling party on the ringing phone.

From 'Calling Party Name' for 'hunt pilot DN'

i.e.  From John Doe for XXXX

The previous format was

From 'Calling Party Name' ('Calling Party Number')

i.e.  From John Doe (XXX-XXX-XXXX)

Need a configurable parameter to change the format to the previous format if the customer desires.

Conditions:

Occurs on phone loads 9.0(x) and above.

Workaround:

Downgrade to 8.4.x

Details

1st Found-in:                          (1)

9.0(3)

Terminated

Last Modified:

Dec 21,2011

Product:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7900 Series

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

6 - enhancement

Customer Reported:                          (19)

And 

Here is the answer - from one of the very best, Wes Sisk @ Cisco

"The  ultimate resolution was committed on the server side. I updated the   bug Release-note to include more information about the fix. You will  see  that in Bug Toolkit and Bug Search Tool in 24-48 hours.  Looks like  it  was necessary to change the information CUCM was sending out in  order  for the phones to leverage that information. Here is what I added  to the  bug: New Service Parameter :  "Display Hunt Pilot Name or DN  for Hunt  Group Calls When Alerting"  Default Value : True ? Default  behavior will  be new behavior from 8.x . For customers who want the  previous behavior  of  7.x  will have to set this parameter to false  after upgrade.   Call  Processing Fix from SCCP and SIP Side :   -        For Hunt Pilot calls,  CUCM will not send Hunt Pilot URI to in outgoing  INVITE when this  service parameter is false but internally CUCM still  treats this call as  Hunt pilot call so that we do not break other  features. -       For  Hunt Pilot calls, CUCM will send the HP URI to  phone when this SP is  true.   For the versions above: 9.0(0.98000.74) -  this is an internal  nightly  build (.98xxx.). this *may* get it  included in 9.0(1)  9.0(0.98000.21) - this is an internal nightly  build  (.98xxx.). this  *may* get it included in 9.0(1) 8.6(4.98000.21) - this  is an internal  nightly  build (.98xxx.). this *may* get it included in  8.6(5)  8.6(2.21023.1) - this gets it fixed in 8.6(2) engineering  special branch  commonly referred to as es23. TAC can provide this to  you. This *may*  get it included in the next 8.6.2su that gets posted to  Cisco.com.  1.9(9.98000.16) - this appears to be a typo.  Regards, Wes"

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

Rob

Thanks for the solution. I going with the 8.5 code for the phone that are part of the Hunt lists. I tested with a couple of phones and it solved the problem.

Cheers

RE