Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed Calls and Missed Call Notification

baris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Where are the missed call information stored in Communication Manager 6.X environment? Are they stored on the phones themselves, or on the callmanager servers? One way to get it from callmanager would be tracking zero duration calls in the CDR database, but i wanted to know if there is an easier accessible way to access them. Also one related thing is that, how should one proceed to be able to send email notifications to users for the missed calls they receive? There is no such feature available out of the box for CUCM 6.X as far as i know.

Thanks,

Baris.

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Baris,

The Missed/Placed/Received call History is stored on the IP Phone itself.

Hope this helps a little!

Rob

franco.dilalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Baris,

I'm very interested to know a solution for send email notifications for the missed calls.

have you found a solution about this issue?

Thanks a lot

Frank

Hi Frank,

It looks that the only way to do it right now is to write an application to track and query CDR data, and relay emails for the users, but we haven't implemented it yet actually.

Regards,

Baris.

Hi Baris,  Did you ever implement this solution as I have a customer with the exact same requirement?  I am looking to see if you managed to do this successfully?

Hi there,

We have an off the shelf product that will allow you to send an auto e-mail with missed call notification, allow you to run reports on missed calls and set stats alarms to be generated when specific criteria are met e.g. specific number of missed calls, duration, etc.

You will be also be able to send the e-mail notification to individual users for their own missed calls or alternatively to any designated e-mail or group e-mail for missed calls to any group, team, department or site.

You can download a free trial if you'd like to see it working (proof of the pudding and all that!!) Before you ask, yes it is IVT tested and accredited!

If you want more information, take a look here:

http://www.tri-line.com/cisco/

Best regards,

Andy

Hi Baris,

My company has developped an off the shelf product: Missed Calls Email Alerter that does exactly this.

You can check all the details here:

http://www.telisca.com/?page_id=856〈=en

http://www.telisca.com/images/MCEA.jpg

Amongst all the options available you can set an email alert:

- If not answered without being forwarded on no answer,

- If forwarded on no answer to another number,

- If forwarded on no answer to the voicemail,

Hope this can answer your requirements.

Cheers

Yes we did and it's been a while,  we used jtapi events rather than CDR data to catch missed calls, and we send these missed call events to the related users via email.  While it still requires some programming to be able to achieve this, i guess it's not that hard to implement. (Our dev team wrote the application)

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Baris,

The only out of the box product that might come close is CUPC. CUPC will keep a list of all Missed Calls, along with placed calls and voice mail on the user IM client. This will certantly help the user been able to track their missed calls from their computer. Besides this I don't see much efforts from the missed calls perspective, since a large amount of effort is placed on connecting the call to some resource, SNR, VoiceMail, and so on, and Unity has a nice set of Monitoring features. If your client is getting a large amount of missed calls, to the point they want to track them down either CUPC or a modification on the call flow might help them.

I concur the best way would be to process CDR data and generate email alerts for the user, although CDR doesn't implement this feature out of the box.