Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing prefix on phones display on calls to CCX CSQ

David Winther
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have this problem, we are putting prefix 0 on all incomming calls (Calling Party) so users are able to callback directly from the directory on the phone (Recieved Calls etc..) This has been done on a translation pattern that translates all incomming calls. This works fine when calling directly to IP phones. But if we make a call to the CCX and a agent is answering the call they are able to see the prefix in tha CAD agent but not on the phoneĀ“s display. Does anybody have an idea why the prefix is missing when the call is from the CCX.?

CCX version 9 and CUCM version 9.1

/David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Interesting. The CTI redirect must be causing the call to revert to the Original Calling Party Information. I'm unaware of this behavior but can't proclaim it a defect since I lack documentation to support a definitive answer.

So, how to deal with it? Using the service parameter (or the H.323 gateway-level parameter if applicable) is one option. Another would be to prefix it on the gateway using a translation-rule and -profile before ever sending the call to CUCM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you seeing the value without the translated Calling Party Information while the agent phone is Alerting/Ringing or after the call is Connected?

If the former, you won't see the original caller ID here but the CCX CTI Port instead. This is is not avoidable until CCX 10.0 where there is an XML webpage overlay that can be pushed to the phone.

Hi Jonathan,

It is after the call is connected that the prefix is missing, alerting / ringing i see the CTI port number.

But i did not know that there was a solution for that as well thanks for info.

I can not find out why the prefix is missing when the call is comming from the CCX, maybe i should do the prefix as a service parameter instead "Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix - Phone"

Interesting. The CTI redirect must be causing the call to revert to the Original Calling Party Information. I'm unaware of this behavior but can't proclaim it a defect since I lack documentation to support a definitive answer.

So, how to deal with it? Using the service parameter (or the H.323 gateway-level parameter if applicable) is one option. Another would be to prefix it on the gateway using a translation-rule and -profile before ever sending the call to CUCM.

Thanks. I did a translation rule in the CUBE and that solved it for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: