Views
Helpful
Replies

mixed route list

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am now using 7.1.5 callmanager, and i found that i cannot create a route list/route group with combination of qsig and sip trunk...

just want to know is the later version of callmanager can cope with this issue?

or any other alternative i can achieve this?

thanks.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I doubt this has changed, but how is your QSIG GW defined in CUCM, is it MGCP? How about if you convert it to SIP or H.323? Remember QSIG is TDM protocol, the protocol between CUCM and GW where QSIG is connected to can be any voip protocol, though QSIG over SIP may not be an option in your release (don't recall).

Chris 

Hi there,

From the admin guide it applies to CUCM a 10 as well:

If the route group contains a gateway that uses the QSIG protocol, only gateways that use the QSIG protocol display in the list. If the route group contains a gateway that uses the non-QSIG protocol, gateways that use the controlled intercluster trunks, which are QSIG protocol, do not display in the list.

As Chris suggested I would try converting to SIP or H323.

Chris

Yes, it is mgcp ...

Than means nothing can be done in the future??

You can convert your MGCP to H323 or SIP, pretty simply solution if you ask me. Upgrade would not help  you with this issue.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: