Views
Helpful
Replies

MLPP with 9971 SIP Phones

Marek Papco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have question regarding running MLPP with 9971 IP Phones. I have configured MLPP in lab environment but MLPP with 9971 is not working. When trying to make a force call to phone I obtain the message from annunciator "The number you have dialed is busy and not equiped for call waiting or preemption".

I think the configuration is not a problem because when I used SCCP phones (7960, 7971) the MLPP was working as expected. The MLPP is configured on SCCP phone devices. In case of SIP phones I created "MLPP_CD" common device configuration and associated it with every SIP phone. (MLPP Preemption - Forceful, MLPP Indication - On)

Do you have any idea why 9971 SIP phones are not working?

CUCM version: 8.6.2

2 Replies 2

reindl_mc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

any solution for this problem  ?

hani_altaher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

9971,9951 and 8961 are considered AS-SIP devices that need different configuration related to MLPP check below link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide_appendix_01101000.pdf

once it configure , in order to use Precedence call, pick up the line/handset then precedence call softkey appear so press it then dial the destination number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: